Skip to content

Subterranea- a turn-based party cRPG using OGL (3.5 D&D rules)

davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Off-Topic
There's a RPG in development called Subterranea that is sort of a modern take on the Gold Box D&D games. Note: the gameplay footage in the video is pre-alpha and the main reason the dev is running a Kickstarter is to improve the animations and graphics.

Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jmab/subterranea-a-3d-fantasy-role-playing-game

Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230462188

Here's some of the proposed features:
Create a party of up-to 6 adventurers.
Adventure in towns, swamps and abandoned temples.
Turn-based, tactical combat, where mastering cover, elevation and spacing is the key to success. Including attacks of opportunities, 5 foot steps, bull rushes, and formations
Physics-based puzzles and traps.
Interact with the environment (ex: blast a rope bridge with a spell to drop enemies into the chasm below as seen in the pre-alpha video)
7 Player Character races – Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Halfling, Half-Orc and Human.
11 Player Character classes – Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard.
Available on Windows, Mac and Linux.

I'm backing their Kickstarter because (1) it's a tactical turn-based party cRPG based on a good ruleset, (2) the physics effects / environmental interaction look really choice, (3) there will be multiple choice branching dialogues with ample opportunities to use bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, etc. skills, and (4) it's a create your own party RPG, which is so rare these days. While I certainly like RPGs with companions and personalities as in BG, there's something so fun about being able to create your ultimate party that I miss in most modern RPGs.

Sadly the game isn't getting enough KS backers, but I figure there may be a few people here who find this game interesting. At least the Steam Greenlight seems to be going well.
FinneousPJFredjojackjackCrevsDaak

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Seems cool. Unfortunately, I'm a student without moneyz.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37

Seems cool. Unfortunately, I'm a student without moneyz.

I hear that, I've been there. Actually I'm a college grad without much moneys. Anyway, you can still help the game developer some by giving a thumbs up vote on their Greenlight page if you have a Steam account.