MYSTIC FIRE: Knights of the Mystic Fire are paladins dedicated to the church of Mystra, goddess of magic. They are proficient in martial combat as well as arcane magic. Aside from traditional virtues of paladinhood, Mystic Fire Knights devote part of their lives in the discovery and study of ancient magic.
– +2 bonus to Lore per level.
– May cast two additional spells per level.
– +1 to Saving Throws vs. Spells. Gains an additional +1 at level 5 and every 5 levels gained thereafter.
– The Mystic Fire's spells are cast as though they were a cleric of the same level.
– May cast the following spells as priest spells:
Level 1: Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp* , Shield, Find Familiar
Level 2: Mirror Image, Web, Melf's Acid Arrow, Invisibility
Level 3: Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Minor Spell Deflection
Level 4: Greater Malison, Fire Shield (Red), Stoneskin, Secret Word
– May use 'Shatter Spell' ability once per day and an additional use every 6 levels thereafter.
SHATTER SPELL: Knights of the Mystic Fire are able to smite spellcasters and disrupt their defensive spells as well as their ability to cast magic. The next attack made by the Mystic Fire within two rounds will dispel the target's combat protections. Additionally, if the target fails a save vs. spells at -2, they suffer 100% spell failure for two rounds.
– May use 'Spellblade' ability once per day from 5th level onwards.
SPELLBLADE: The Mystic Fire Knight enchants their weapon for the next hour, giving it a +3 enchantment level and dealing 1d4 magic damage (+1d4 per five caster levels up to level 20) and reducing targets' magic resistance by 5% per hit for two turns. Enchantment bonus increases to +4 at 12th level and +5 at 18th level.
– -1 penalty to THAC0 modifier, with an additional -1 at 10th level and every 10 levels thereafter.
– May not learn the following High Level Abilities: Whirlwind Attack, Greater Whirlwind Attack, Power Attack, Critical Strike, Smite
– May not use Protection From Evil.
– May not Turn Undead.
– May not use Lay on Hands.
* The Mystic Fire's Shocking Grasp works differently from the mage's.
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: None
This modified Shocking Grasp spell allows the Mystic Fire Knight to imbue a melee weapon instead of hand. When the Mystic Fire Knight touches a creature while this spell is in effect, an electrical charge will deal 1d8 points of damage plus 1 per level of the caster to the creature touched. In addition, the attack strikes as a +6 weapon. The Mystic Fire Knight only has one charge, and once an opponent has been touched, the spell's energies have been used. The Mystic Fire Knight has 1 round per level to touch the target creature.
High Level Abilities
Extra Level 1 Spell
Choosing this ability allows the Mystic Fire Knight to cast one additional Level 1 spell.
Extra Level 2 Spell
Choosing this ability allows the Mystic Fire Knight to cast one additional Level 2 spell.
Extra Level 3 Spell
Choosing this ability allows the Mystic Fire Knight to cast one additional Level 3 spell.
Extra Level 4 Spell
Choosing this ability allows the Mystic Fire Knight to cast one additional Level 4 spell.
An experienced Mystic Fire Knight develops more knowledge of arcane spells closer to that of an actual wizard, gaining +1 to all Saving Throws and the ability to cast Cone of Cold, Spell Immunity, Oracle and Sunfire once per day.
Arcane Knowledge II
An experienced Mystic Fire Knight develops more knowledge of arcane spells closer to that of an actual wizard, gaining -1 to casting time and the ability to cast Globe of Invulnerability, Improved Haste, Protection from Magical Weapons and Spell Turning once per day.
Arcane Knowledge III
An experienced Mystic Fire Knight develops more knowledge of arcane spells closer to that of an actual wizard, gaining +20% to spell duration and the ability to cast Limited Wish, Mordenkainen's Sword, Khelben's Warding Whip and Spell Turning once per day.