Skip to content

Android Baldur's Gate EE. Mods crashes game. (Centralfix)

LetholLethol Member Posts: 6
edited April 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Hello!

I am trying to mod Baldur's Gate EE on my Samsung s6. I can't make it work. Is centralfix compatible to the latest update of the game?

Is there any of this mods that are known to be incompatible? I have tried to test them, but since I am unsure if it works at all I haven't reached any conclusion. If someone wants to test the mods, I will be most thankful.
The most of these mods are available here: mods

Unfinished business
TeamBG's Armor Pack for BG:EE, BGT & TuTu
TeamBG's Weapon Pack for BG:EE, BGT & TuTu
Saradas Magic
Wand Case
Critter Parts mini-mod for Baldur’s Gate: EE
[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released
Dark Side of the Sword Coast
Drizzt Saga
Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters
Sirine's Call
The Stone of Askavar
T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur" Quest/Store/New Items - Release .90
Lighting adjustments for BG:EE and BG2:EE (Requires BG:EE v1.2 or higher)
GUI Icon Mod
Recolored toolbar buttons for BG:EE and BG2:EE
PaintBG for all BG platforms
A Simple XP cap remover
World map unlock
Sword Coast Stratagems - A Gibberlings Three Mod

I will play through the Baldur's Gate series with kensai/mage.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    So first, Android is still a version behind 2.0/2.1. Central fix should still work, in fact i'm pretty sure you can use centralfix to create a mod package for the 2.0/2.1 steam version, similar to the dlc delivery but that's another thing.

However, i'm fairly confident i know what's going on since i've done this whole thing before and it took me a while to figure out my problem.

So FIRST, your central fix archive should only be the properly foldered dialog.tlk file. aka lang/en_us/dialog.tlk. That's it. Everything else can go in their proper folders; override, data, scripts, etc.

2nd, i'm not positive about his, but i'm fairly certain there are certain files that are unnecessary stuck in the override folder that are messing up the android version.

Here was my troubleshooting process that you can follow if you want. You're going to want to download the generalized biffing mod and run it. If you don't know what this does, it basically packages all the mod added files into handy little bif files that are then added to the chitin key.

Now you can't actually use these because as far as i can tell there's no way to load a modified chitin.key file for the android version. However! What this does is leave some various files that aren't biffed in your override folder. I'm 90% certain it's these files that are causing the android version to crash. We need to remove them from our installation folder. I'm fairly certain their just leftover files from certain installations, i don't think they actually do anything, but i could be wrong.

So make a copy of these leftover files to another external folder. Then rerun the generalized biffing mod and unbiff everything. Take those copied files, select them all, and move them back over to the override folder, over writing the files in there, you now have all those troublesome files selected in the override, ready for deletion.

Do so.

Now you can build your android installation folders. Move all the modified files to their respective folders on the android device, and you should be ready to go.

Now fair warning, i don't use the two GUI mods or the world map unlock, but everything else was mods that i have used.
  • LetholLethol Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your help! The game runs smoothly! I suspect that it was the lighting mod that crashed the game!