Skip to content

Rest Wherever Mod

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,305
edited July 2017 in PST:EE Mods
Tweak pack apparently now works for PSTEE. So use that.

Post edited by elminster on
lolienPibaroJuliusBorisovtaclaneGrammarsaladRavenslight

Comments

  • NakaraNakara Member Posts: 13
    Might be a little late to post about this, but I think this is a bug? Does this mod only take effect when/if you start a new game? Installed this and tried using a pre-existing save while in an area in the city and I can't rest. Thoughts?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,305
    edited June 2017
    Nakara said:

    Might be a little late to post about this, but I think this is a bug? Does this mod only take effect when/if you start a new game? Installed this and tried using a pre-existing save while in an area in the city and I can't rest. Thoughts?

    Yep. Not so much a bug as it is just how the engine works.
  • NakaraNakara Member Posts: 13
    Alright, 'preciate it. Wasn't too much ground to redo, so no big loss. Thanks much.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,305
    Updated the mod to use the latest version of Weidu.
    DoubledimasJuliusBorisov
  • nerdnerd Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    Apparently teleporting out of the Modron maze via portal lens resets almost the whole game (e.g. all areas are covered in fog of war, I can meet another Fall-From-Grace in the Brothel although she is already in my party (!), there is the second dodecahedron in the Festhall room, some quests can be completed again, etc.) Has anyone encountered this nasty bug?

    I did have mods installed (Rest Anywhere) when I first noticed the bug, but then I uninstalled them, tried to complete the maze again, but alas, the bug persevered.

    P.S. If anyone can upload their save file somewhere around Clerk's Ward I may try to reproduce the bug to see whether it is my save that is corrupted.

    UPDATE: Apparently completely deleting the 'override' folder resolved the issue. Please delete the topic.
    Post edited by nerd on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,305
    Looks like its a bug with the mod. I'll see what I can do about it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,305
    @Zadrotino did you install the mod during an existing playthrough or did you install it before your playthrough began?
  • nerdnerd Member Posts: 4
    elminster said:

    @Zadrotino did you install the mod during an existing playthrough or did you install it before your playthrough began?

    I'm afraid this is not the mod I had. Mine was a part of The Tweaks Anthology (CDTweaks).
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,305
    @Zadrotino you may want to check out here

    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65662/version-2-of-tweaks-anthology-now-available#latest

    as there was a version of that mod put out yesterday that might have addressed that.
    JuliusBorisov
  • nerdnerd Member Posts: 4
    elminster said:

    @Zadrotino you may want to check out here

    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65662/version-2-of-tweaks-anthology-now-available#latest

    as there was a version of that mod put out yesterday that might have addressed that.

    Ok, I will try.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    JuliusBorisov
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,135
    edited July 2017
    There exists currently a game bug that resets containers (e.g. bags or stores) to the original state when you visit the Modron Maze, if the container resources are found in the override folder of the game. It's possible that this bug has even more side effects (such as resetting whole maps).

    You can work around it by installing Generalized Biffing after installing all your other mods. Choose the option to biff everything. It should also work with an ongoing game, as long as you haven't visited the Modron Maze yet.

    Edit: I was able to reproduce the issue of map resets after visiting the Modron Maze, so it's indeed caused by the bug mentioned above. Let's hope it'll be fixed with the next game patch.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    nerd
  • nerdnerd Member Posts: 4
    argent77 said:



    Edit: I was able to reproduce the issue of map resets after visiting the Modron Maze, so it's indeed caused by the bug mentioned above. Let's hope it'll be fixed with the next game patch.

    So it's a game bug after all. Good to know. Btw I was able to complete the Maze after uninstalling the mods, then re-installing them afterwards. Everything works fine as of yet. Thanks for the possible workaround as well.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,428
    *emerges from shadows, taps @elminster on the shoulder*

    WRITE_SHORT 0x0014 ((THIS & `BIT7) & `BIT8)

    *fades out again*
    DreadKhanelminsterJuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.