Skip to content

[MOD] Bubb's Spell Menu (v5.0.3)

14567810»

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    @Mordekaie: I don't think that's directly caused by the spell menu. Might be something for @ALIEN.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Bubb wrote: »
    @Mordekaie: I don't think that's directly caused by the spell menu. Might be something for @ALIEN.
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    @Bubb Spell Menu Extended is blocking PI. The same install sequence without Spell Menu Extended proceeds as usual.

The attached file shows the PI screen... I can push the "Set-InstallSequence" button over and over PI doesn't move further in the installation. Any idea?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was on a long vacation. Do you still face this issue? I notice that you have separated the components of EEEx mod:
    EEex:0;EEex - EEex
    LeUI:0;lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG2EE skin) - lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component
    EEex:1;EEex - Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature

Have you manually modified the install sequence order? While you can install such a sequence of mod components, evaluating install order rules won't work correctly. Please remember that importing the install sequence won't reorder the mods at the mod list.

This is how it looks when using the default approach:
    WFkyCJs.png

• MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    ALIEN wrote: »
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    @Bubb Spell Menu Extended is blocking PI. The same install sequence without Spell Menu Extended proceeds as usual.

The attached file shows the PI screen... I can push the "Set-InstallSequence" button over and over PI doesn't move further in the installation. Any idea?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was on a long vacation. Do you still face this issue? I notice that you have separated the components of EEEx mod:
    EEex:0;EEex - EEex
    LeUI:0;lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG2EE skin) - lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component
    EEex:1;EEex - Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature

Have you manually modified the install sequence order? While you can install such a sequence of mod components, evaluating install order rules won't work correctly. Please remember that importing the install sequence won't reorder the mods at the mod list.

This is how it looks when using the default approach:
    WFkyCJs.png

@ALIEN thanks for your reply.

I used a feature from PI to separate EEex according to a recommendation from @GraionDilach : "EEex's first component is the engine patching, the other ones are UI tweaks. UI tweaks should come after UI revamps." That is why i install EEex first component before LeUI and the rest after.

I will check again to see if i can reproduce what i have been reporting. In my souvenir, the install sequence didn't break any of the install order rules.

But, if i understand correctly, installing a mod in few steps with PI, without breaking any rule (from PI or the ones listed in each .ini files), could potentially "disturb" the "evaluating install order checker" even if the install sequence is right? If it is correct, i guess it is not recommended to separate mods (with the PI feature or by manually modifying the Install Sequence) ?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Mordekaie, your advice seems correct, assuming your installation was completed without any issues. I don't see any problem with installing a slightly more demanding installation sequence like that.

However, you are right: if you are performing a mega-installation and manually modifying the installation sequence, there is a possibility of bypassing rules. This is similar to the case when you intentionally install one part of the mod list, restart PI, and then install the remaining mods. In this scenario, the rules might not 'kick-in' because the mods from the first part of the mod list are no longer selected.

Nevertheless, as far as I understand, you are using a previously published installation sequence/weidu.log. So, I'm assuming the rules were checked during the creation of those.
    Extended-v4.6:
    • Added Infinity UI++ compatibility.
    • The spell menu now responds to spell casting hotkeys when the search bar is unfocused.
    • Pressing Left Ctrl toggles the search bar's focus when the "Automatically Focus Search Bar" option is disabled.
    Extended-v4.7:
    • Fixed some versions of Dragonspear UI++ not being detected due to differing main component numbers.
  • SauroSauro Member Posts: 8
    Hello, the translation of Bubbs Spells into Brazilian Portuguese or PtBr has already been completed and tested. I will make it available for you to put in the mod.
    the file link will be below

Merry Christmas everyone.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uS0RGt58SMDXoDZFQtzZV8so3ccr367d?usp=drive_link
    Extended-v4.7.1:
    • Added Brazilian Portuguese translation, (thanks @Sauro!).
    edited March 8
    Extended-v5.0: Requires EEex v0.10.1.1-alpha+
    Post edited by Bubb on
  • AscalyonAscalyon Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, @Bubb ! I really enjoy your mods. I guess I am due another playthrough now...
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    @Bubb hello !!! Spanish update by IoViVo
    Extended-v5.0.1:
    • Updated Spanish translation, (thanks IoViVo!).
  • moe23moe23 Member Posts: 22
    I did a translation into german:
    Extended-v5.0.2:
    • Added German translation, (thanks @moe23!).
    • Updated French translation, (thanks 11jo!).
    Can someone help me? When I start the game these messages appear. I start the game using InfinityLoader, which is part of the EEx mod
    uckb8b8md1kj.png
    Code execution cannot continue because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem.
    km60apvh3k1k.png
    Code execution cannot continue because MSVCP140.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem.
    s34een9ghwn8.png
    Code execution cannot continue because MSVCP140.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem.
    b9ut483m7rb7.png
    Code execution cannot continue because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem.

I've already uninstalled BG1 and BG2, reinstalled the mods, changed notebooks and I don't know what to do.
    I will leave the list of mods that I installed in order

1 DlcMarge
    2 EET
    3 Endless
    4 BGQE
    5 Brage's Redemption
    6 BG1NPC
    7 EEX
    8 Bubbs Spells

Can someone help me? or tell me who can help me
    Can someone help me? When I start the game these messages appear. I start the game using InfinityLoader, which is part of the EEx mod

k2fktwxmjk1y.png

c5llfwg7p809.png

q5fz874y3q97.png
    Code execution cannot continue because VCRUNTIME140.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem.

okrgnr6xdq4m.png

I've already uninstalled BG1 and BG2, reinstalled the mods, changed notebooks and I don't know what to do.

1 DlcMarge
    2 EET
    3 Endless
    4 BGQE
    5 Brage's Redemption
    6 BG1NPC
    7 EEX
    8 Bubbs Spells

930ydfwws1sb.png

6momjns8vqle.png

pjjcq07sgojd.png
    Code execution cannot continue because VCRUNTIME140.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem.

s0d7c90jcyj7.png

1 DlcMarge no BG1

2 EET

3 Endless

4 BGQE

5 Brage's Redemption

6 BG1NPC

7 EEX

8 Bubbs Spells

Thanks for your help :)<3
  • markimgetmarkimget Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I'm getting a crash in IWD:EE 2.6.6.0 whenever I try to open the spell menu 5.0.2, both with EEex 0.10.1.1-alpha and 0.10.2-alpha. It happens with either LuaJit installed or not too. I have Visual C++ Redistributable installed.

The last three lines on the console output when the crash happens are a bit suspicious to me:
    INFO: Font: loaded font MODESTOM
    INFO: Font: Cray Cray zero point size.
    INFO: Font: Cray Cray zero point size.

Not posting weidu.log because it's really just EEex and spell menu, in that order.
    @markimget: Thanks for reporting. It appears this is an engine bug under certain aspect ratios. I've implemented a workaround.

Extended-v5.0.3:
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when the "Show Key Bindings" option was enabled alongside the game window being sized to certain aspect ratios.