Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
ModRelease - create new GitHub Release from commandline
A tool for creating a new GitHub Release from the command line!
- can be combined with Infinity Auto Packager tool
- cross-platform, single code for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- release version (tag) is taken directly from tp2 file "VERSION" keyword
- prevent creating a "2.0.0" release when your mod version is "1.9.0"
- prevent creating new release if the same release already exist
- prevent creating new release if there are uncommitted file modifications
- release description can be edited before creating a new release
- initial release description is generated from commit messages between the new release and previous release
- Download and extract ModRelease repository, move everything from 'ModRelease-master' folder directly into the folder where you keep all cloned top-level mod folders.
- Create new "Personal Access Token" with "public_repo" privilege, it's not your password, you can revoke it at any time, more info here.
- Save it to "#ModRelease-Github-Key-Example.txt" file and rename it to #ModRelease-Github-Key.txt
- Put #ModRelease.bat/#ModRelease.command inside the top-level directory of the mod's cloned Github repository, it's where WeiDU executable should be, use the included mod example as reference.
Reference of the proper folder structure:
- Red - #ModRelease folder and #ModRelease.bat/#ModRelease.command files location
- Yellow - top-level folder of the local repository
- Green - .git folder location inside local repository
- Assuming that all mod files are ready for a new release, increase mod version inside mod readme and mod tp2 file.
- Create a new commit with all modified files. Do not create a new tag for release, the tag itself will be created automatically (from mod "VERSION" keyword) and pushed into an online repository.
- Run #ModRelease.bat (Windows) | #ModRelease.command (Mac) | #ModRelease.sh (Linux) and follow further instructions.
Feedback/questions/comments are welcome.
Post edited by ALIEN on