Skip to content

Mod Hotfixes for Patch v2.6.5

morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
edited June 2021 in General Modding
Now that patch v2.6.5 has arrived, a number of mods are having install errors. These are for patch v2.6.5 since I have not had an opportunity (nor will I in the foreseeable future) to review and update for v2.6.6. They may or may not work depending on what exactly Beamdog did with the patch. I have gone ahead and created some hotfixes for EET and Sword Coast Stratagems, Ascension, and Rogue Rebalancing so they all now install without any warnings thrown. In the case of EET, it was unplayable without the hotfix.

Follow the steps for each of the mods before running their respective setup-XXXXX file:
  • Ascension - Place all files in the Ascension\ascensionmain folder
  • EET - Place all files in the EET\lib folder
  • Rogue Rebalancing - Place all files in the rr folder
  • Sword Coast Stratagems - Place all files in the stratagems\dragon folder

*Disclaimer - I am not the mod owner for any of these mods! I just really like them and use them in all of my playthroughs, so I have gone ahead and got them into working order. I do not know if they are still being maintained or how long it may be before the owners do an official patch, so I wanted to share these with the community.

* Disclaimer 2 - Beamdog seems to have changed how the fight with Aec'Letec is tracked which causes an issue with SCS making him invincible. There is another hotfix, not made by me, floating around that may resolve the issue (I have not tested), otherwise there are some command prompts that will need to be entered during the fight to make him killable.

Updated to add, my hotfix for Ascension was implemented in the Ascension v2.0.16 release, so the mod should be Beamdog patch v2.6.5 compatible now. @ALIEN provided the updated Ascension files here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/31434-ascension-2014-out-report-bugs-here/page/4/#comments
Post edited by morpheus562 on

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Pretty nice, I hope your efforts make it easier for the authors to make updates to the mods
  • MidnightVoyagerMidnightVoyager Member Posts: 31
    Hey, this is awesome, thank you for doing it!
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited April 2021
    Is it possible to provide these patches in a not-RAR archive? I keep getting "Unsupported Method" when I try unpacking them with 7z (which leads to them unpacking as zero-length files)

(edit: updating my 7z to 21.01 solves the problem on my end, but a regular zip file would still be better than a rar archive)
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    If my mods are still installed from a 2.5 game, can I add the hotfixes to the folders? Or do I need to reinstall all my mods because of the update? I haven't launched the game in quite some time.

Thanks!
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    If you are in the middle of a game in v2.5 and want to continue, I would recommend NOT updating either the version of the game or mods until you finish your playthrough. Updating either or both will probably corrupt your save file. If you want to start over again with a new playthrough, then I recommend installing a fresh copy of the games and doing fresh installs of all the mods.
  • Daft_HunkDaft_Hunk Member Posts: 17
    Hello !
    What append to the rogue rebalance fix ?
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    I thought it was implemented by rr. Is that not the case anymore?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    I thought it was implemented by rr. Is that not the case anymore?

There was no activity either on GitHub, nor SHS Download. Where did you saw the new RR version?
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by skusha on
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @skusha Thanks, I've missed the 'devel' branch :wink: Let's hope for a proper release soon.