Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.71

Comments

• EnigmajazzEnigmajazz Member Posts: 16
    @Jinashi thanks, does the difficulty options show up properly in the UI?
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2023
    Enigmajazz wrote: »
    @Jinashi thanks, does the difficulty options show up properly in the UI?

n1ocy4pge8u4.png

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2023
    1) How do i leave menu? Esc doesn't work and i don't see X. I have to close game.
    2) Why all characters whose join me get max level?
    3) Another not reskined menu:
    9y7l6lhzut98.png
    edited April 2023
    Script:
    ydgt6nny6x2c.png

There is also InfinityLoader, which goes crazy on this screen:
    wdw37pu7zs4p.png
    q4el2mob9d62.png
    edited April 2023
    When I open a container
    b60lzds94i9x.png

edited April 2023
    At a merchant, InfinityLoader goes crazy, potentially crashing the game

2n9ufzy0elum.png

When I load a savegame
    1ctq5y0iy885.png

edited April 2023
    Well I'm encountering some errors in InfinityLoader
    085ht8v7wd89.png
    Post edited by Jinashi on
  • norQnorQ Member Posts: 5
    Words can't even begin to describe how amazing this is. I really look forward to the full release.
    edited April 2023
    You'd have to make another pass with the InfinityLoader window open to flush out all the error loops.
    For now, here are the places that generate errors:
    - In the character sheet
    - When opening the Bag of Holding, a shop or a container
    - When selecting items in a Bag of Holding/shop to buy them/removing them from the bag
    - When displaying the spell page
    - When clicking on a spell level filter
    - When you reload a game when you haven't killed any monsters yet
    - In the inventory, when you select the option to see the individual inventory page instead of the collective one
    - Sometimes errors appear when you kill monsters and it updates the bestary

I'm doing this feedback because this mod is great and I want to help
    If you prefer, I can create issues
    edited April 2023
    @Pecca I'm having weird behaviour when trying to unmemorize spells. On EET, left clicking to attempt to unmemorize a wizard spell causes a popup to appear to confirm but the remove button doesn't work so there's no way to change memorised Wizard spells on EET. In contrast for priest spells left clicking just unmemorizes the spell.
    On bg2ee with this mod left clicking just unmemorizes for both priest and Wizard.

I think the intended function is for the confirmation to be required if the spell is ready to cast but not if already used. Of course this would require the remove button to function properly.

Hope this description makes sense to describe the issue.

Edit: disabling the relevant toggle in the feedback options does correctly prevent the popup appearing and spells are just unmemorized.
    Not sure if this issue is related to the same errors seen by @Jinashi in infinity loader on the spell book related to bottom spells
    Post edited by Enigmajazz on
    @Pecca I'm having weird behaviour when trying to unmemorize spells. On EET, left clicking to attempt to unmemorize a wizard spell causes a popup to appear to confirm but the remove button doesn't work so there's no way to change memorised Wizard spells on EET. In contrast for priest spells left clicking just unmemorizes the spell.
    On bg2ee with this mod left clicking just unmemorizes for both priest and Wizard.

I think the intended function is for the confirmation to be required if the spell is ready to cast but not if already used. Of course this would require the remove button to function properly.

Edit: disabling the relevant toggle in the feedback options does correctly prevent the popup appearing and spells are just unmemorized.
    Not sure if this issue is related to the same errors seen by @Jinashi in infinity loader on the spell book related to bottom spells

I had fun fixing all the bugs I came up with (I wanted to propose the fix but git does weird stuff so I gave up).
    And fixing the errors on the spells page also fixes the impossibility to unmemorize your spells.

However, fixing the errors, clicking on the central bar with the spell level calls the unmemorize function, which I don't think is normal, and triggers the sound that goes with it. Currently it creates an error and therefore does not trigger the sound.

Otherwise in pure functional bug, even by correcting the errors, there are screens where Esc does not close the window and one must pass by the X button.
    Also, with 10 empty slots in my inventory, when I try to remove items from a bag, it limits me to a maximum of 9 items that I can remove
    Jinashi wrote: »

I had fun fixing all the bugs I came up with (I wanted to propose the fix but git does weird stuff so I gave up).
    And fixing the errors on the spells page also fixes the impossibility to unmemorize your spells.

However, fixing the errors, clicking on the central bar with the spell level calls the unmemorize function, which I don't think is normal, and triggers the sound that goes with it. Currently it creates an error and therefore does not trigger the sound.

Otherwise in pure functional bug, even by correcting the errors, there are screens where Esc does not close the window and one must pass by the X button.
    Also, with 10 empty slots in my inventory, when I try to remove items from a bag, it limits me to a maximum of 9 items that I can remove

I don't know if it would be useful to Pecca if you posted info about the fixes you applied here, but I'd certainly be interested in getting an idea about them.
    edited April 2023
    Jinashi wrote: »

I don't know if it would be useful to Pecca if you posted info about the fixes you applied here, but I'd certainly be interested in getting an idea about them.

But to keep it simple, I've modified some "enable" so that it checks that the values it uses are not nil
    Post edited by Jinashi on
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2023
    I can't get Infinity UI to work with EEex... I want to use EEex for the UI scaling feature and I just did a clean install of BGEE (uninstalled, then removed the folders under Steam\steamapps\common\ and Documents, then reinstalled) and then only installed EEex and Infinity UI.

I could start the game without problems after only installing EEex, but after also installing Infinity UI the main menu background doesn't show (it's just black) and the buttons are off position and, worse, in-game the only UI element I see is my character's action bar.

I run the game with InfinityLoader.exe and I also tried Jinashi's UI.MENU but it doesn't make a difference.

i5sgb5e5c94m.png

ahwh3yexwz1x.png

Post edited by Berinvar on
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @Berinvar: You need to open 'override/EEex_Modules.lua' and enable the 'B3Scale' module by changing that line from 'false' to 'true'. A fix has been made and is waiting to make it into Infinity UI++'s next release.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,177
    Published new release with EEex detection fix.
    Great, thank you 🙂
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2023
    1) Not skinned box during character creation.
    am9d42458o6f.png
    2) Just got crash after killing gibberling for second time.
    3) Just noticed that i get 89 000 exp after creating character, so that's why everyone who join me get levels.
    4) I don't know if this is language fault or not, but wolf doesn't have description in bestiary tab (if you want, i can translate for you files for polish version).
    l3ocffum01fh.png

Post edited by Etamin on
    v0.3 released with fixes:
    -chargen sound play no longer crashes to desktop
    -some nil values checks that might cause crashes (thanks to @Jinashi )
    -HLA button appears for EET on level-up
    -added language lua tables for other languages

Could not reproduce:
    -message box moves up after conversation
    -in store buy screen, automatically buy all available items

I had some crashes in the store screen, this is what I will focus on next.
    Great stuff @Pecca!

I have the message box unlocked and moved into the lower right corner, and I am using the modern UI option.

Whenever I start the game, the first time I load any save, the message box is moved up. I can drag it back in position and it will stay there the rest if the session no matter how many times I save / load, but if I quit and restart the game it will be moved up again.
    Berinvar wrote: »
    Great stuff @Pecca!

I have the message box unlocked and moved into the lower right corner, and I am using the modern UI option.

Whenever I start the game, the first time I load any save, the message box is moved up. I can drag it back in position and it will stay there the rest if the session no matter how many times I save / load, but if I quit and restart the game it will be moved up again.

Fixed.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited April 2023
    So now that EEex is working I've had no problems zooming in 90% on a 4K display to get the desired UI look of the modern UI. I think it's great and I love how functional it is. The zoomed out full screen view of the world map is fantastic as well. The only nitpicks I can think of would be the merchant interface when you try to sell from a scroll case or a bag of gems, there is no window and the close option from the gem bag feels like it's hanging in the middle of nowhere. Also, when you select items from a gem bag or scroll case they are not highlighted which would be nice if they were.

Another small issue would be that when you enter a location the backdrop is centered and so is the area map but if you use the zoom function to zoom in instead of out, it will become off center and unless you are using the graphic option to "scroll out of bounds" you can't fix it. I tend to zoom in a few clicks as the gameplay screen is kind of small at 4k using 6K DLDSR and I don't like the "scroll out of bounds" option because it feels like a mod rather than a polished function that a finished game would have. If there is a way to keep the backdrops centered when the camera is zoomed in it would be really nice. Another issue I noticed is on the record page of the UI, triple class characters have their last two classes displayed over top each other.

Thats it from me though, this UI looks great and has great functionality. It really feels and plays like POE regarding the UI and that is a good thing in my opinion. I have not run into any crashes or bugs yet other than the above mentioned. Thanks for sharing this fantastic UI!
    Post edited by Sour on
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    I'm starting to get random crashes. Sometimes after leaving the inventory screen. Other times when trying to leave a map and sometimes during battles when an enemy is killed. I know it's beta, just trying to report my experiences to those that are interested.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    I think some of the crashes stem from rightSidebarBackground not being defined in the RIGHT_SIDEBAR menu — the engine queries its area directly when the viewport moves. Same with leftSidebarBackground, though looks like that one correctly has a dummy value.

Also, I can read the crash .dmp files if you guys upload them, to help Pecca track them down.
    Thanks @Bubb, I released new version with rigtSidebarBackground.
  • 罗霸天er罗霸天er Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    I like the art style of this mod very much,and it also brings me a lot of convenience, I also shared it with some of my friends, thank you for creating it!
    However, when I used Chinese, there was no text in the five information bars of the character interface, and the character's attributes disappeared. But when I changed it to English it went back to normal (except the biographies were still garbled).How to solve this problem?
  • 罗霸天er罗霸天er Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    :)
    I have noticed the following several times now -- when dialog text is long enough that scrolling down is required, the final line(s) of text gets cut off after scrolling down:

Initial dialog:

7i3iy86ntj1s.png

After scrolling down to see the rest of the response options:

2sbetf4lwk8h.png
  • shadowlichshadowlich Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2023
    Really nice work Pecca ;)

Inspired by your excellent UI, I made my own dashboard with an unlimited number of menus, trying to optimize/customizing its readability.

A simpler Journal menu
    69hcbb486pfg.jpg

The Cheat Console with areas filter
    ul97n1kg5lpg.jpg

The Inventory menu, including my true infinite bag at the right side (with filter and sort capabilities), mandatory because i hate clicking so i made an autopick and an auto steal every non hostile creature module that fill my inventory so fast
    iatcmmwq78nf.jpg

The Creatures Radar Menu, look at Sion...
    0n4d3gs6q5o8.jpg

• SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    shadowlich wrote: »
    The Inventory menu, including my true infinite bag at the right side (with filter and sort capabilities), mandatory because i hate clicking so i made an autopick and an auto steal every non hostile creature module that fill my inventory so fast
    iatcmmwq78nf.jpg

Hi! Can I ask what portrait pack you are using in this screenshot ?