Skip to content

BG2 ToB Ascension Issue: Perma-Aggro Imoen -- Solved

JetraumJetraum Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone,
I've just recently gotten to the end of Throne of Bhaal for the first time. I didn't make it very far in ToB my first try, but I made a more concerted effort now that BG3 is out. I'm playing with the Ascension mod, and I've just gotten to Chapter 10. Imoen is turned into the Slayer, and I fight Irenicus and Bodhi. I kill Irenicus, I kill Bodhi, I kill the Fallen Solars, I don't touch Imoen whatsoever, and yet she stays hostile-- even after transforming back from the Slayer. I've tried a few things, I've googled around a little bit (trying to stay spoiler-lite, though I think I know the broad shape of things), and as best as I can tell this isn't supposed to be the case.
Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm at something of a loss for how to progress.
As a note: I'm admittedly not very good at the combat in this game (and, though I've gotten better with practice, it doesn't grip me enough that I want to put a major effort towards it), so I'm leaning on the "Story Mode" setting a little to get by in this fight. I don't see why that would effect things, but it felt worth mentioning.

Edit:
I believe I've figured it out! I'm not 100% certain what the issue was, but I think I've narrowed it down to either of two culprits:
1. I had edited my character's alignment a little bit. I rolled him as a True Neutral character, but over his journey he's really developed to be more Neutral Good. I didn't bother changing it, since it didn't seem to effect anything, but when I got to Balthazar and was struggling to recruit him due to being a non-good alignment, I made the change. Afterwards, I changed back after remembering Soul Reaver has an alignment restriction. I'm not exactly sure why that would break things, but it might have.
2. I'm a little more confident of this one. I think the "Chapter Start" save had just broken a little, for me. Imoen also wasn't attacking at all, even in Slayer form.
Post edited by Jetraum on