Skip to content

Thoughts on playing a True Neutral NPC (yeah, yeah, I know it's been discussed before)

Hey folks,

So I think I have a cool idea for an NPC. I want to play a TN Tiefling, Lorekeeper of Oghma. My thinking? Well, Tiefling because, after all he is a child of Bhaal and, Lorekeeper of Oghma because that's the Temple in Candlekeep, so it makes sense that he'd have been introduced to that pantheon most of all. Of course the library would open up all of the others but, "Hey, this is what I settled on."

But...

The Lorekeeper of Oghma requires TN alignment. I'm cool with that and can surround myself with TN, LN, CN, NG and NE NPCs and that should help guide my actions but I'm looking for other ideas on how to play this dude successfully. I am anal about realism in my playthroughs.

Thinking about a no-reload effort as a diversion from my masters studies.

Any thoughts are appreciated. CT

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I have a PnP version of the Lorekeeper of Oghma right here if you want to use.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Raduziel said:

That's the kit I'm using brother! I'd modded it in to my game awhile back. Thanks. Without the kit, I'd be having to study Oghma in the Deities of Faerun manual and using that to tweek my PC toward him using EE Keeper. CT
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Raduziel said:

That's the kit I'm using brother! I'd modded it in to my game awhile back. Thanks. Without the kit, I'd be having to study Oghma in the Deities of Faerun manual and using that to tweek my PC toward him using EE Keeper. CT
    I'm flattered.

I'll be updating a new version (1.9.0) soon. You should check it out as it will make the coding way lighter.

Hope you enjoy it :)

As for the alignment per se, I always saw a TN character as someone who doesn't mess with others as long as they don't mess with him.

The One Punch Man would be a nice example of a TN character, IMHO.
    CharlestonianTemplar