Skip to content

BG2:EE: Twisted Victory achievement and save-load issue

SalvatosSalvatos Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Troubleshooting
I ran into two different issues with the Twisted Rune in Athkatla.

1. Going in, killing the beholder only, taking his eye and exiting unlocks the Twisted Victory achievement on Steam. I did not try to go back in since I didn't have another rogue stone and I expected I would be trapped in there with no other beholder to kill.

2. Loading a quick save at the entrance of that room results in the mages not appearing when I step into the main chamber, making it impossible to leave.

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    1. Once you activate the machine it is always active, so you could pop back into the area using another rogue stone and not get trapped.

2. It does appear that it is possible to save while the mage-spawning script is executing. Executing scripts are not preserved in save games, so that is why saving while the mages are spawning breaks everything. It would probably be a good idea for the devs to disable saving while the script is running to avoid situations like this.

If you absolutely need to use that quick save, it is possible to reset that mage-spawning trigger using Near Infinity. Just say the word and I can detail all that you need to do to do that.