Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Gnolls killing some stranger.

foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 105
Today, I stumbled on a bunch of gnolls attacking some stranger-drow by the name of Drizzt. I do not know why, but I just let them murder the hapless sod. I hope, he does not mind.

Contemplative_HamsterreVenAntPermidion_StarkAerakar

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,583
    will at least you probably wont mind because:

not only are his weapons the best single handed weapons in the game, and his armor is the best for barbarians or fighter/thieves, but they also bring in a killer price if you sell his gear, all 3 items will bring you more than 12000 GP for the lot

Aerakar
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 105

sarevok57 said:

not only are his weapons the best single handed weapons in the game, and his armor is the best for barbarians or fighter/thieves, but they also bring in a killer price if you sell his gear, all 3 items will bring you more than 12000 GP for the lot

I think the point of the picture is drizzt wont defend himself if you stay at a very specific edge of your line of sight but gnolls will still activate and attack forever (eventually critting their way to success)
    @SirBatince You are correct, good Sir.

sarevok57 said:

@sarevok57 Not a tiny bit.
    Also, I'd love those sweet, sweet 12K XP of his, since I am doing no-cap solo, but alas, I don't want to bother my self with consequences of such an act. Besides, gnolls are doing quite well on their own.

sarevok57
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 180
    edited August 14
    Yes, as much as I love killing Drizzt (and I really do for some reason) you've got the best way to get his lovely weapons and armour without getting killed, right there :wink:

They make the game a lot easier, for most parties, and why not?

• DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 32
    This tactic is much easier than my approach until now (which is I believe the classic way):

Position party members around Drizzt => remove them from the party => Drizzt surrounded by friendlies => use 2-handed reach weapon to hit him to death, while Drizzt can't reach you.

Benefit is a bucketload of XP, but a big penalty on reputation.

I think I prefer the Gnoll option, plenty of Xp in the game to reach the XP cap anyway.

sarevok57