Skip to content

Gnolls killing some stranger.

foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
Today, I stumbled on a bunch of gnolls attacking some stranger-drow by the name of Drizzt. I do not know why, but I just let them murder the hapless sod. I hope, he does not mind.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    will at least you probably wont mind because:

not only are his weapons the best single handed weapons in the game, and his armor is the best for barbarians or fighter/thieves, but they also bring in a killer price if you sell his gear, all 3 items will bring you more than 12000 GP for the lot
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115

sarevok57 said:

not only are his weapons the best single handed weapons in the game, and his armor is the best for barbarians or fighter/thieves, but they also bring in a killer price if you sell his gear, all 3 items will bring you more than 12000 GP for the lot
    I think the point of the picture is drizzt wont defend himself if you stay at a very specific edge of your line of sight but gnolls will still activate and attack forever (eventually critting their way to success)
    @SirBatince You are correct, good Sir.
    sarevok57 said:

@sarevok57 Not a tiny bit.
    Also, I'd love those sweet, sweet 12K XP of his, since I am doing no-cap solo, but alas, I don't want to bother my self with consequences of such an act. Besides, gnolls are doing quite well on their own.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited August 2018
    Yes, as much as I love killing Drizzt (and I really do for some reason) you've got the best way to get his lovely weapons and armour without getting killed, right there :wink:

They make the game a lot easier, for most parties, and why not?
    @Dharius Exactly my point. Why not?
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    This tactic is much easier than my approach until now (which is I believe the classic way):

Position party members around Drizzt => remove them from the party => Drizzt surrounded by friendlies => use 2-handed reach weapon to hit him to death, while Drizzt can't reach you.

Benefit is a bucketload of XP, but a big penalty on reputation.

I think I prefer the Gnoll option, plenty of Xp in the game to reach the XP cap anyway.