Skip to content

Seeking a 3d modeler willing to design a few models for my project, can & will provide compensation

Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
Hello everyone I am currently seeking a 3d creature modeler who might be interested in some compensation if they'd like to make a few 3d models for me as listed below:

https://www.models-resource.com/playstation/finalfantasy8/model/4529/

These models would be used for my game project world, they would have to finished and rigged for the game and if you ever need to get in touch with me feel free to reach out to me via here, or a private message, or by my email @ Kb33chler@gmail.com on the how-to's and how much.
Post edited by Wall3t on

Comments

• zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    I wish I could help you, but I'm still learning things and I'm a ways off from making creatures. You could also try to post on sites like turbosquid, never know who might show up. Good luck with your project though.
  • Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2018
    Thanks I will try there too. Partly this request has gone out is I have attempted to do 3d modeling for creatures and has met with all entirely in failures from both not understanding the how to's even with guides as well as my system that constantly refuses to work at all.
    Seems like Turbosquid is a dead end. There doesnt seem to be a forum of any sort or a way to reach out to anyone I don't entirely know why that would really even be reccommended. I might try outsourcing to some third parties and see if they will take.
    It was just a thought, I do not know how turbosquid gets its models or from who.
    edited August 2018
    Creatures will be cool when i get to them. But there is a reason I did not start with them, even the guy that made the custom content guide said you need to know a little bit of everything to make creatures.
    I probably should have started with my history here as I'm quite familiar with 3d modeling. I've been doing it for nwn since 2012. Currently the one model I am interested here, from what I now understand, is that its already rigged and just needs to be converted into a .mdl format.
  • AodhAodh Member Posts: 2
    It is likely that the rig that the original model comes with will need to be trashed as NwN uses specific pivot points to ensure that the supermodel (animated skeleton) can make the model behave correctly. I am waiting on a part for my main rig atm, but I am interested in taking a look.
  • acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70
    I believe you can parent the joins on the rig to the nwn stuff to get it to move like it. There was a tutorial out there on how to do it with world of warcraft stuff.
    Don't worry guys i had a taker and was able to design the model for me and my project! He did an excellent job on it and i compensated him well for the fantastic job he did!
    This is what was made, it was all done from scratch and I was very pleased with the result.

• DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Wall3t said:

This is what was made, it was all done from scratch and I was very pleased with the result.

I smell FF8 :)
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    I smell dirty feet ;-)
    DFDark said:

Wall3t said:

I smell FF8 :)
    It was exactly what I wanted and i'm very happy with it :smile:
    edited August 2018
    Although I'm satisfied with what I have If anyone is good with modeling there are a few other's i was looking at for fun but not essential to my project

this is one i was still looking at.

https://www.models-resource.com/playstation/finalfantasy8/model/4070/
    Post edited by Wall3t on