Skip to content

Dorn Incompatibility?

I noticed in the notes for 2.5 it mentions Dorn and Minsc fighting as well as Yeslick leaving the party if Dorn joins.

Are there characters now (besides Anomen) or aren't compatible with Dorn and if so who are they? I really enjoyed having both Minsc and Dorn in the party.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Dorn is a cackling evil Blackguard. Honestly, NO GOOD CHARACTER SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH HIM. I think a lot of the neutral characters should refuse to work with him as well. Dorn is literally a demon serving spreader of evil.
    BelgarathMTHRaduziel
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @ThacoBell
    And that's all well and good (or I suppose I should say well and Evil) but Dorn has such fun interaction with almost every person I normally put in a party and I'd hate to lose that fun dialogue.

If Dorn really is going to no longer be compatible with certain characters it's going to disappoint me greatly, but back to the topic at hand.

If this is going to be the case, I want a list.

And if is, I can rest knowing that Dorn can still be in a party with whoever I want in my Fanfiction Adaption.
    DJKajuru
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Even some evil should not want to hang around him. Viconia for example. She keeps warning me about this demon or that demon. I don’t know if it’s the case because I don’t have Dorn, but it’d make sense.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ZaramMaldovar If Beamdog coded banters for Dorn with certain characters, I doubt they would later make it impossible to see those banters. Worst case, there are mods that eliminate party incompatibilities.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    BG1 Dorn is just another npc with an evil alignment. BG2 Dorn on the other hand really makes you face up to what he is and can turn your whole party towards the dark side if you're really into roleplaying - it actually surprises me how many of the other npcs put up with him.
    RaduzielThacoBell
    Ok once again it seems I'm getting more arguments for why people wouldn't want to work with Dorn then actual answers as to who Dorn doesn't work with.

Am I to take this as a good sign? Or has nobody gotten far enough into the new patch to know for sure yet?
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited August 2018
    neat, trying to find a good answer for this I checked out the attack orders in bg1 and... he might try to kill everyone?

he's got attack orders on dynaheir, minsc, imoen, khalid, jaheira, alora, coran, kivan, xan, branwen, faldorn, skie, garrick, quayle, safana, edwin, kagain, eldoth, montaron, xzar, viconia, sharteel, tiax, rasaad and neera....

looks like most of them are related to his romance rather than incompatibility
    ThacoBellRaduziel
    There's no way a character would be that incompatiable, I suppose I don't have anything to worry about.

I know for a fact that he's had great interaction with Khalid, Jaheria, Viconia and Neera as well as Minsc.

I really hope the game doesn't decide to make Dorn not work with all of those characters, especially Neera because those two work really well together.

I definitely don't approve of the situation if Dorn is really going to get skewered like this.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Dorn has a romance banter where you can claim another party member was bad-mouthing him, and then he attacks that person.

Don't do that.
    SethDavisZaramMaldovarRaduzielThacoBell
    @CamDawg
    That's good advice. Of course I've never been interested in doing the Dorn Romance. Dorn's uncomfortable forwardness during what I assume is his 1st BG2 Romance talk is...unsettling to me.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    CamDawg said:

Dorn has a romance banter where you can claim another party member was bad-mouthing him, and then he attacks that person.

Do that.

Corrected.
    SethDavisRaduziel