Skip to content

BG2 Sewers below Copper Coronet Crash

MereinidMereinid Member Posts: 46
Hello ladies, like the title says. I am unable to enter the sewers below the Copper Coronet or from the Slavers ship side. I have tried both entrances and they both crash upon entering. The level loads and I get to see my characters for about 1 second in the zone but then the *Oops-Something went wrong Windows sound* happens.
I do have mods. Also, everything else, including other zones that were not part of the original BG2, load just fine.
The mods I have are these an in the order of install.

Tales of the Deep Gardens
Dungeon Crawl
Assassinations
Back to Brynnlaw
Sellswords
Adalons Blood
Weimer Item Upgrade
Amber
Auren
Saerileth
Banter Packs
Unfinished Business
Almaterias's Restoration Project
Kelsy
Keto
CD Tweaks and,
Randomiser.

I just skipped the whole area and completed the Slaver quest for Hendak, but I can't get the mouthy sword now! And he so annoying that I have to have him. I kind of like the little side quest to obtain him. I think it was the first sentient sword I had ever played with in a game back in 2k. Anyway. Any ideas would be great on how to fix this. (W/OUT uninstalling the mods. I hope)

Luck & Loot,
Mereinid

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    Hi @Mereinid,

I have some questions about your game:

1. What game version are you running? This should be displayed on the main menu, and on the ingame options menu.

2. Do you crash in this area in an unmodded game? If so, it would be a serious bug and should be reported.

If you can, it would help if you could upload a couple of files. Could you please upload your WeiDU.log, (should be in your game's base folder), and AR0404.ARE, (should be in the override folder).

If you are curious, AR0404.ARE is the sewers map, and I just want to inspect it to see if it's corrupted in some way. Since there is a delay between entering the area and crashing it probably isn't the actual area file, but I just want to make sure. It might be some sort of AI script that is misbehaving, or perhaps an invalid creature, but that can only be determined with your original installation, something you can't share, unfortunately.