Skip to content

The Tutorial hardly lets you act

Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
I started replaying Baldur's Gate now that the 2.5 is out. It's not that I need it, but I did want to play the tutorial just for completeness' sake.

I was actively trying to do what I was being told. There's several times where a character says "I'll let you explore the x menu now" or "Take a few moments to make yourself familiar with y", but just about every time that happened I was spoken to again/interrupted after barely entering any menu. I'm not sure how you guys programmed this, but I feel that simply saying "Talk to me again when you're ready" would make more sense here instead of a time limit.

I then started the main game only to find out that the character I created for the tutorial is separate from the actual game character. I probably re-rolled for like fifteen minutes or so to get great stats and now I feel stupid for even trying. I mean why have player's create a tutorial player at all? Using a staple character (Abdel?) would seem reasonable enough. It's only ten-fifteen minutes of explanations that your build has practically no effect on, so why have people go through the process twice?

Sidenote: As for things being too fast, the quote at the beginning of the intro cinematic ("Whoever fights monsters...") is off the screen before you can read like half of it. Like, you wouldn't be able to read that one aloud.
Post edited by Blue_Three on
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    AFAIK you can export the char and import it in the main campaign.
    JuliusBorisov