Skip to content

Rogue Rebalancing 4.92, how to install with no installer?

AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
I have version 4.9 of RR mod, but I would like to use the newest version, 4.92 with 2.5. As the old SHS links are down for a few months it seems and not coming back, I found the files on github for 4.92, but there is no installer.

Can someone walk me through how to install this mod without the installer? Can I just copy the RR folder into my game from github and use the old installer that came with 4.9?

I am not so savvy on the mod mechanics, so thanks for any insights.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Do the files you have come with setuprr.exe?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    The old WeiDU installer might work, but if you want you can use the latest release to make sure everything goes smoothly.

You should download the latest WeiDU release from here, move the x86 version of weidu.exe into your game's base folder. Rename it setup-rr.exe, and you should be able to use that to install the newer version of rr.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    edited August 2018
    @Bubb thanks. I used the new weidu installer, renamed it as you suggested, and that worked all fine.

@ThacoBell , no 4.92 does not have one on the github file package, which is where I found the files. I probably could have just used the installer for 4.90 but was not sure. Anyway, I used the latest weidu as described above and it installed ok.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Hey @Aerakar, could you send me the link to RR v.4.92?
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Hi @Blackraven . I went looking for it on GitHub and actually found that Spellhold is now back up as of this morning. You can download it there with the normal installation package.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/62-rogue-rebalancing/

Now, the download page says the link is broken but it worked for me just now, so that is probably an old message. My windows 10 anti-virus also flags it as having a virus after downloading and cleans/erases it, but I searched on the SHS forum and they are saying on the forum this is a windows defender false positive. My widows 8 antivirus let's it through, but still says it is dodgy, not sure why the difference.

The GitHub link just in case:

https://github.com/FredrikLindgren/rr/releases

Let me know how it works out for you.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Hey @Aerakar, thank you for this. I used the SHS source. Had to suspend Windows Defender (just like you suggested) and Malware Bytes in order to install the mod, but everything seems to be working.