Skip to content

NwN EE: Head Starter Toolset. Can't read Haks from hk folder

Hi guys. I just started to toy around the Head Starter and the first thing i wanted to do is bringing my module to NwN EE.

Which i did and looks great. I just copied the needed files to the new hak and module folders and it loaded just fine for single player.

Then i tried to open Aurora toolset, it finds my module, but when loading it says haks cannot be found. I have them in the new hk folder, and I can play my module, but not load it with toolset.

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Did you try the MyDocs/NeverwinterNights/hak folder?

I haven't tried any haks yet, but I was under the impression that our UGC goes there now.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    They go under Documents\Neverwinter Nights\hak under your user.
    The hk one are for core game haks, same of other game files. I hope that helps.
  • hda_nwnhda_nwn Member Posts: 27
    Ok, I'll move my stuff there. TY
  • NearEtherealNearEthereal Member Posts: 13
    Is there any hope for manually choosing to change the directory to a different drive? My SSD is small compared to my other drives that I currently use for games.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387

Is there any hope for manually choosing to change the directory to a different drive? My SSD is small compared to my other drives that I currently use for games.

Running the toolset with -userDirectory argument lets you specify a custom location that isn't MyDocuments. The readme file should have a bit more info.

If the directory specified doesn't exist, it'll be created and populated by required stubs.
  • OriginalnwnonlyOriginalnwnonly Member Posts: 28
    Damn wondered why stuff that worked previously doesnt now will give this a go
  • OriginalnwnonlyOriginalnwnonly Member Posts: 28
    please could u explain a bit further on the -user directory ?
  • LordLestatLordLestat Member Posts: 17
    I am trying to open an old mod in the new toolset that uses the cep. I transferred all the haks and tlks to the data folder. I created the needed folders there and also put the haks in the hk folder. It still says the haks are missing. Any help?
    Ah, I see. Can someone tell me the original haks with the download. I am deleting the ones I put in and don't want to delete originals
    And the folder names for each player in the server vault. can they be named to show which player each is for