Skip to content

Aerie dissappearing after Spell use?

Hello everyone,

I really need help! I play BG2 EE v2.5 and Something is happening with my Characters and I dont know if its a bug or a spell that I cant see in the textfield.

So this happened the first time when fighting Irenicus in Spellhold, and now again when fighting Vithal in the Underdark and the Lich Alchra Diagott in the Underdark. When I use pierce magic, shortly afterwards Aeria just dissappears, she is just gone, no more portrait of her on the right and no effect and nothing.

The Lich is protected by Protection from magical weapons and Spell Trap and is not casting anything before Aerie disappears, at least nothing shows in the textbox. The pierce magic seems to work, at least it says "spell protections removed". Two seconds later Aerie is gone.

Does anyone know if I missed some spell effect or if this is a bug? Also I really dont know what to do about it...

Ps.: Casting Freedom afterwards doesnt bring her back.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KataaKataa Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the fast reply!

I kept on trying to find out what it was and then I remembered that at some point i added some spells that i forgot to buy to aerie with EEKeeper. Turns out, there is 2 versions of Pierce Magic, if you give her the one with a D at the end, she will just dissapear after using it :smiley:

So everything turned out fine and i dont have to worry about the invisible and unstoppable dissapearing effect anymore!
    [Deleted User]Gusinda