Skip to content

Carlig's inventory. Does it change?

Is it just me or does Carlig's inventory change? If so what causes it to change?

Comments

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Is that the Duergar trader in Underdark? If so, yes. The change is after Adalon transforms you into drow. He then has many more potions and scrolls for trade, so definitely talk to him twice: once when you get to Underdark and again after you look like a Drow.

Bear in mind a lot of the prices in Underdark (duergar, svirfneblin and drow merchants) are rip-off. They give you less gold than usual for stuff you sell and charge way more than normal prices for stuff they sell. So boost CHA to get better prices and buy judiciously. You still want to buy the resources you cannot have enough of, but stuff which you don’t really need is better bought elsewhere.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited August 2018
    I think it could be to do with whether or not you're 'disguised' as drow - I seem to remember a thread about it some time ago.

Edit: It's an archived thread called "Carlig in the underdark wares" which I found on google.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Is that the Duergar trader in Underdark? If so, yes. The change is after Adalon transforms you into drow. He then has many more potions and scrolls for trade, so definitely talk to him twice: once when you get to Underdark and again after you look like a Drow.

Bear in mind a lot of the prices in Underdark (duergar, svirfneblin and drow merchants) are rip-off. They give you less gold than usual for stuff you sell and charge way more than normal prices for stuff they sell. So boost CHA to get better prices and buy judiciously. You still want to buy the resources you cannot have enough of, but stuff which you don’t really need is better bought elsewhere.

or you can just buy potions of thievery/perception and steal from the stores instead without using your gold
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for everyone's help. Wasn't worried about prices, it was the ability to "acquire" potions of thievery/perception & scrolls.

Having done some tests it looks to work as follows:

Conversation before being disguised - Inventory 1(as shown in the BG wiki)
    Whilst disguised - Inventory 2 (same as Therndle's but with 9 extra high level scrolls)

As mentioned above, whilst disguised, there is a conversation option of "they are friends, offer them the better equipment". This defines which inventory, 1 or 2, you get offered after completing the egg quest and being changed back.

The only thing I haven't tested is does the inventory get refreshed during the changes. IE if you buy / steal stuff before being disguised does it get replenished for the third conversation. I suspect not, but might be a way to get some extra potions and scrolls