Skip to content

Help with secret locked door in the quest of the unseen cult

Hiya, I'm really stuck on bg2ee quest of the unseen cult. I just got the wind part of the rod and beat the big beholder, the stair on the way there are out so I have to take this passage to a locked door that's looked by a simple spell, now I can not get that door unlocked, I've seen youtubers just walkand open it, i have every item there so It shouldn't need a key, if it does, where do I get it. Pleashelp.

Comments

• Durmir46Durmir46 Member Posts: 110
    Do you have both parts of the rod or only one?
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Assuming you have completed the quest (got the rod and killed the Eye) the door will open after a second or 2, you should just need to move up to it.
  • PhycoantoPhycoanto Member Posts: 72
    I have both parts yes but I've been sitting here trying to open it for 5 mins. Must be a glitch then if you say it should just open
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Phycoanto said:

I have both parts yes but I've been sitting here trying to open it for 5 mins. Must be a glitch then if you say it should just open

Yeah it's always opened for me, but because it's the "back door" they coded it to be unpickable/immune to knock to prevent people bypassing parts of the quest to get right to the Eye. As i said it's supposed to just open once you appear, usually takes a second or 2 for me. If it's not working then try saving in the main Lair, then rebooting and seeing if that fixes it. Sounds like a script isn't firing, but i don't know what command to use to fix it if the reboot doesn't work.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Normally you just stand near it and it opens, you don’t even have to click it.

If it truly does not open, you can trying clearing your cache or enable cheat keys and use ctrl-j to move your party members to other side.
    I was thinking that. Is the cheats same with the baldur.Lauas it is in bg1?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited August 2018
    Can you have "both" parts? Surely as soon as you find the second part it fuses with the first part so that you can use it kill the beholder (which only appears when the two parts are formed into one), then the door opens.
    Oh i never used th rod to kill the beholder, i just killed it normally.
    Haha. Good luck leaving the sewers :)
    O oooh dam lol don't worry, I've restarted and I'll do things a different way.
    Good thing about bg is that there are different paths you can take to playthrough
    It’s not the fact that you didn’t use the rod that is stopping the door from opening, those are independent and you are allowed to kill the Unseeing Eye normally. But you should read the rod’s description before leaving this quest :)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,314
    I agree it's not the fact of not having used it, but it may be not having assembled it. I might be dreaming, but I seem to remember that you need to put it in the same inventory to cause it to self-assemble. If that's the case and different characters are carrying the different bits that may be why the door is not opening.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I think it appears assembled in charname's inventory irrespective of which party member has the first half in their inventory or which party member finds the second half.
    I see it said i must equip it quickly what i never did. Oh well. Still love the game. :)
    Read the item description itself. The bit that starts "The Avatar asked..." ;)
    Hey all, im back at this point, i equiped the rod and used it to kill the big beholder and the door has opened. Yee.