Skip to content

Barbarian/thief EEkeeper

I just started playing BG1 again, I decided to try something new, so I keepered the barbarian kit onto my fighter/thief (RP wise, think a mugger). I figured it would be like a gimped barbarian with thieving skills/ a theif with much more HP and rage. Downside of barbarian is no more than specialization, but on the other hand, later on UAI would negate any armor restrictions (say I would not be a sneaky thief, but more like a fast hit n run mugger type). So far, half way into BG1, it is a nice experience for a casual player :) Barbarian and Theif seem to be a very good match. However I ran into something unexpected:

Shadow Armor +3, stealth boots, potion of perception and master thievery are NOT USEABLE BY BARBARIAN.

It somehow balances the game, however is there a way to work around it?

Comments

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    I don’t know how experienced you are with this, but you can delete the item class restrictions with NearInfinity. It’s fairly intuitive; search for the item with NI and simply delete the restrictions. Restart your game and you should be good to go !
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Not experienced at this at all. Is it possible to explain how its done in beginners term?