Skip to content

Dorn still bugged in fresh 2.5 game

Not entirely convinced that Kryll is playing fair here...

This is from a new game with a freshly created character so issues with the game having been started in a previous patch can be ruled out.

Everything seemed ok till I got to the area east of the mines. Killed a couple of skeletons and got the dialogue where Dorn is saying to be cautious. Shortly after that Dorn and PC started pausing constantly and looking at each other but with no dialogue occuring.

Managed to get them across the map to where Kryll was waiting and the cutscene where Kryll raises the dead looped maybe 5 or 6 times before one of the skeletons attacked Dorn which seemed to cause the looping cutscene to stop.

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Got a save just before talking to Kryll?
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    I think the closest save will be an autosave when leaving the mines area. I'll see if I can recreate the bug from that save.
    Tried again starting from the autosave leaving the mines area and the bug repeats itself.

I've also got a save from as soon as I enter the area with Kryll. That save is bugged in a different way - the skeletons that attack almost straight away aren't there anymore and everything is ok until you've killed Kryll at which point Dorn is back to wanting to start non-existent dialogues all the time.

Let me know where to send the saves to.
    edited September 2018
    Nevermind, I think I've fixed it.
    I didn't think about mods as I don't generally use them but ages ago there was a bug where Kivan and Dorn's dialogues were messed up and would result in Kivan leaving the party. At the time, I was advised to put a couple of .dlg files for Dorn and Kivan into the override folder. I've removed those files and the Kryll quest now plays out as expected.
    By the way, is that Kivan/Dorn bug fixed in 2.5?