Skip to content

Who to use Constitution Manual on in my case?

My main character has 18 constitutions but is dual wielding scimitars. My secondary character is a bard with con of 7. I am pretty fixed on my teammates (since this is my first playthrough) consisting of Imoen (con 16), Jaheira (con 17), Khalid (con 17), and Neera (con 14). That means no one can reach 20. Who should I use the manual on?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    19 Con is still worthwhile. Gets you more hitpoints.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Your character will have the opportunity to achieve 20 in ToB.

Khalid and Jaheira are nice options, as they will receive a small boost in HP (+1 per level).

The bard is not ideal as there is no difference from 7 to 8 (except for a small boost in Fatigue).

But what @Whiteknight75 said is true: only the main character carries the boost to BG2 (except in an EET run), so you should use it on yourself.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    You can buy Buckley's Buckler at the FAI to improve constitution by 1. Even if you're dual wielding normally, it's nice to be able to equip it and heal up while travelling or resting.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    Grond0 said:

You can buy Buckley's Buckler at the FAI to improve constitution by 1. Even if you're dual wielding normally, it's nice to be able to equip it and heal up while travelling or resting.

Good point! Thanks
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    Raduziel said:

Your character will have the opportunity to achieve 20 in ToB.

Khalid and Jaheira are nice options, as they will receive a small boost in HP (+1 per level).

The bard is not ideal as there is no difference from 7 to 8 (except for a small boost in Fatigue).

But what @Whiteknight75 said is true: only the main character carries the boost to BG2 (except in an EET run), so you should use it on yourself.

Got it. Thanks everyone!