Skip to content

After SoD? ToSC? Skie? (Spoilers)

I finished SoD but there is no way I can see to do ToSC in order to get the soultaker dagger. When I finished BB:EE, it jumped straight to SoD without giving me an option to do ToSC in between. Now, at the end of SoD, I just get a credits role and no guidance on how to deal with Skie's problem. Do I do it at the beginning of BGII:EE, which I have but haven't started yet? How do I finish up this last unresolved issue from SoD?

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    ToSC is wrapped up all in one with BGEE +SoD. It adds the adventures from ToSC automatically. You may have already done the added quests without knowing it. Just go straight into BG2 next.
    There is nothing more to be resolved with Skie (officially anyway).
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Zaghoul said:

ToSC is wrapped up all in one with BGEE +SoD. It adds the adventures from ToSC automatically. You may have already done the added quests without knowing it. Just go straight into BG2 next.

There is nothing more to be resolved with Skie (officially anyway).
    Just to add because it might make it clearer.

The quests in TofTSC (Ice Island and Werewolf Island) happen when you go to Ulgoth's beard except for Durlag's Tower which you can access before from the map.
    Once you have killed Sarevok, BG and TOTSC end and you can't go back.

• FalkeepFalkeep Member Posts: 41
    Yeah, I didn't do this when I played through because I had read somewhere that they were part of SoD. I've done them before, but this was the first time I played SoD and I guess I misunderstood how they were supposed to play into the larger narrative. Before, I had only played ToSC as a sequel to BG, so I have done all of those before, but I was trying to play the new narrative through what I thought was the "right way".

Now, I'm just trying to decide if I want to start BG:EE again and go through all of it with the ToSC locations incorporated into BG. I'm also trying to think if I want to play it through with only CHARNAME as a rolled character and pick up NPCs along the way, which I have never done before. I just don't find any of the NPCs particularly enthralling as part of a team.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Falkeep said:

Yeah, I didn't do this when I played through because I had read somewhere that they were part of SoD. I've done them before, but this was the first time I played SoD and I guess I misunderstood how they were supposed to play into the larger narrative. Before, I had only played ToSC as a sequel to BG, so I have done all of those before, but I was trying to play the new narrative through what I thought was the "right way".

Now, I'm just trying to decide if I want to start BG:EE again and go through all of it with the ToSC locations incorporated into BG. I'm also trying to think if I want to play it through with only CHARNAME as a rolled character and pick up NPCs along the way, which I have never done before. I just don't find any of the NPCs particularly enthralling as part of a team.

You really should play at least once with NPC.

It's not just the characters, it's their strengths and evenmoreso their limitations that deepen the game.

I would think the game for me would be far too easy if I was able to build a whole team, no clashes, no ridiculous stats, no extra limitations on what you can do.
    It's how the game was designed to work.

If you can though, I would recommend the mod "NPC Project" as that really fleshes out the characters of the NPC.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Falkeep You might try out several of the NPC's developed by modder's as well. There are quite a bit to choose from now. As @UnderstandMouseMagic mentioned, BGNPC Project really makes a difference in interaction with NPC's. The first time I tried that it almost felt like a new game.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited September 2018
    One Day Baldur's Gate Trilogy will be a Official Game with fixed plot holes from Siege of Dragonspear *Pondering*
    Post edited by Vasculio on