Skip to content

[Mod] 3.5 Edition/ Pathfinder style Tweaks Collection (thac0, Constitution, hit dice)

2»

Comments

• LethlianLethlian Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    Any way this can be done where these mods can implemented via Weidu by any chance? I don't know the correct way of editing via the copy paste or insert in the code directly.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    edited September 2018
    Lethlian said:

Any way this can be done where these mods can implemented via Weidu by any chance? I don't know the correct way of editing via the copy paste or insert in the code directly.

Could you rephrase this? I'm not quite sure what you're saying, as the grammar is a little confusing.

These mods do use weidu to implement their changes. If you are asking how I first edit the files within the base game, I use Near Infinity to access, examine, and edit the files If you are asking how to use Weidu, that is a bit more complicated, as it is a separate coding language that you use to instruct your Mod program on what files to replace and what files to edit when the installer runs.
    Reddbane said:

Lethlian said:

Could you rephrase this? I'm not quite sure what you're saying, as the grammar is a little confusing.

These mods do use weidu to implement their changes. If you are asking how I first edit the files within the base game, I use Near Infinity to access, examine, and edit the files If you are asking how to use Weidu, that is a bit more complicated, as it is a separate coding language that you use to instruct your Mod program on what files to replace and what files to edit when the installer runs.
    Sorry about that. My iPhone sometimes jumbled up what I'm trying to say.

So I when I first downloaded your mod it comes as an RAR. So I had to use winzip to unpack and open it. Normally when I use a mod that is Weidu compatible I'll just double click and it automatically prompts the installation via weidu. But as far as I can tell there is no such sequence with yours.

I assume I may be doing something incorrectly that's why my question may seem confusing.

btw thank you for replying back in a quick manner! Much appreciated brother!
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    @Lethlian
    You unpack the Rar in the installation directory for whatever game you are using (BG1EE, BG2EE ,BGTEE, or IWDEE), then click on the corresponding Setup exe file to start the installation.
    Reddbane said:

@Lethlian
    You unpack the Rar in the installation directory for whatever game you are using (BG1EE, BG2EE ,BGTEE, or IWDEE), then click on the corresponding Setup exe file to start the installation.

Figured it out. Sorry about all that. For some reason setup.exe preferred to hide out my downloaded documents section as opposed to being moved into my game folder.

Good mod btw. Much appreciated.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    Thank you for this mod. I believe it makes thieves much more viable late in the game. However, there is a problem. Existing rogues in the creature files will not be updated, and they would need to be in order to be consistent, if you care about consistency that is. I happen to care about consistency.

Of course, I could edit each rogue one by one, but that would take a lot of time. I wonder if there is some way to automatize this task? Any modder out there who could make that happen?
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    It seems installing SCS afterwards sort of fixed it? I didn't know it would update their THAC0's accordingly. Weird. Not complaining though.

I'll have a lot of fun playing kitted thieves and bards. Thanks again.