Skip to content

Phylactery of ice doesnt make me strong enough to kill the white dragon...

I thought this was a scripted fight? Im playing as a level 6 sorcerer, and I tried using the phylactery to fight the white dragon. It turned me into a frost giant, but my attack bonus is still only +10 which isnt anywhere near enough to hit the dragon consistently considering it has an AC of 27.

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2018
    It's a risky fight even with the potion. There are a lot of ways to talk your way out of that fight, and I always do. Tymofarrar isn't really that bad a guy, as far as evil dragons go. In the initial dialogues with him, you can get him to promise to reward you appropriately, and he will keep his word. But I've managed to talk him down even without the oath.

You need two things from him, one of which he will usually give you. You can get the other with the oath or the right dialogue options. If the dialogue doesn't work due to low Persuade skill, he will still let you pay him for it.

If you either sided with J'nah or didn't invest Persuade, you may be in trouble. I'd go back to an earlier save and try to fight with J'nah instead, although that's still a very hard fight even with the potion that debuffs her. And you still have to talk your way out of trouble with Tymofarrar after, because he toys with the idea of double-crossing you even if you've done everything he asks.

If you're stuck with having to fight with Tymofarrar, maybe try turning the difficulty slider down to minimum and see if you can get past the fight so you can continue. Or maybe try some different dialogue options and see if you can talk him down.

I don't know if J'nah will try to double-cross you. I always side with Tymofarrar because I have a soft spot for dragons. I don't like to kill them even if they're evil, unless they force me to.

EDIT: I just saw your other post. I guess you figured it out. I have no idea what might have bugged out your Xanos.