Skip to content

Class option for OC

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
Want to play OC and HOTU again, but I believe I don't know which class to take this time:

NO:
bards
clerics
monks
paladins
I played them all

OK with:
multiclasses
I'm bard and cleric fan

Comments

• CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I gone with the druid, any suggestion for the multiclass or prestige class?
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Shifter would be the natural progression but it is rather gimped.
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    pscythe said:

natural progression

I see what you did there.

That said, it's only the "progression" if you want to give up spellcasting ability for better forms...but the forms kind of suck until epic levels. I'd just go pure Druid and get the Bear animal companion (it's strength scales up naturally as you level) which gets you full spellcasting too.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    I've played a Druid/Monk before and it was awesome, only took a couple of Monk Lvls and rest Druid and dumped all stats on Wis and a little Dex (enough for Circle Kick) and Monk abilities work while shifted i think i ended up with 4 Monk 16 Druid.

Dire Bear Shape are great but when you get Earth Elemental shape you slaughter (Monk speed & Wis AC bonus).

In NWN2 there is a Feat called Natural Spell that lets you cast while shifted....running around as a Bear casting Call Lighting Storm :)

Than Epic Lvls you can get better Shapes....imagine running around as a Red Dragon fully buffed (30 Wis requirement) absolutely decimating.

Only down side it takes a few extra Lvl ups get Wild Shape.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2018
    Just finished the main campaign with a half-orc Monk (16) / Assassin (2) and he was a beast. Things were hard until I've reached the second level in Assassin (for Uncanny Dodge), but from that point onwards I've steamrolled pretty much everything (including all the dragons that appear in Chapters 3 and 4). Not even a henchman was required.

Made 100% of the quests and a lot of unnecessary battles like killing the Elk Tribe after pacifying it, or Klauth after giving him the green dragon eggs, or killing the golden dragon after giving it Klauth's head.

The only two parts were I've struggled were the Peninsula District (because I was soloing) and the fire giants - and this just when more than one were attacking me, but both dragons at Morag's inner sanctum were slain without making him break a sweat.

I'll start SoU now with some other character that I haven't decided yet, probably a Bard/AA, but if OP is looking for some powerhouse, I strongly recommend this one I've played. Just make sure you don't get Circle Kick, as it makes you constantly change target and is annoying as hell.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    edited September 2018
    Raduziel said:

Just make sure you don't get Circle Kick, as it makes you constantly change target and is annoying as hell.

Yeah it's not always best if your trying to focus down someone but it is an extra attack per round against a nearby enemy, maybe they should've made Circle Kick and other combat feats toggled abilities like in NWN 2 so you can turn on or off Power Attack and Flurry of Blows.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Circle Kick should behave as an AoO. That simple.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2018
    Raduziel said:

Just make sure you don't get Circle Kick, as it makes you constantly change target and is annoying as hell.

Forgive me for necroing this thread, but is Circle Kick still broken to where you don't switch back to your original target after delivering your extra unarmed attack to a nearby target? I thought they fixed this issue back in the v74 stable release. It has also supposedly been fixed by Shadooow's Community Patch Project, which is what I use. Perhaps a bug report should be submitted to support.baldursgate.com if one hasn't been already.
    Cerabelus said:

Yeah it's not always best if your trying to focus down someone but it is an extra attack per round against a nearby enemy, maybe they should've made Circle Kick and other combat feats toggled abilities like in NWN 2 so you can turn on or off Power Attack and Flurry of Blows.

As far as I know, you could always toggle Power Attack and Flurry of Blows on or off both during and out of combat in NWN1.

Post edited by Prince_Raymond on