Skip to content

Conversation Editor Bug (SpellCheck Related)

Greetings, before I report this as a bug, I just wanted to confirm if others are experiencing this: If you have the Spellcheck enabled, and you have it flagged to check convo files when you open them, the following happens:

Open up a line of text from the dialogue in the convo editor. Click anywhere in that field to make changes, add new text, etc., and then all the text simply disappears. Gone.

Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Yes, that sounds exactly like it. If you do any editing to the dialogue text itself, it all vanishes. What I doscovered is that if you disable the spellcheck functions, it also makes that bug go away.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2018
    At last. Someone else has the same issue that I do. I reported this ages ago but because they couldn't reproduce the error my first report was closed. I therefore re-opened it here (that is issue 37071) and included a 30 second video showing the bug in action. Haven't heard anything since.

I just hope they fix it now that I am not the only one with this issue. BTW didn't even know there was a spell-checker that was on by default.

TR
    edited August 2018
    Just checked. Can confirm that turning off the conversation editor specific spell check does fix it.

TR
    edited August 2018
    I have done some playing around in the settings and found the following. In the settings found at -

Tools/Options/Spell Checking/Conversation Editor Spell Checking Options/
    there is a checkbox with the following text -

Automatically check spelling when editing conversation nodes
    which has two child checkboxes -
    Use interactive spellcheck on enter
    Use interactive spellcheck on exit
    • With the top checkbox checked and both of the child checkboxes unchecked the problem goes away.
    • With the top checkbox checked and both of the child checkboxes checked the problem exists.
    • With the top checkbox checked and the "on enter" child checkbox checked and the "on exit" child checkbox unchecked, clicking in the editing box in order to edit the text of a node nukes that text and updates the tree. However clicking in the tree works properly.
    • With the top checkbox checked and the "on enter" child checkbox unchecked and the "on exit" child checkbox checked, clicking in the editing box in order to edit the text works properly. However using the node tree is now problematic as the text is now nuked there.
    I have updated my bug report to include this information.

TR
    I have just in the last few hours been notified that this has been updated from new to submitted.

TR
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Very good, Tarot. Thank you for the follow through. I am sure they will resolve this issue, but I'm not sure how they will actually incorporate a spell checker. Won't that require another onboard data base that contains all words from English and other languages? (Dwarven, admittedly, is not rich in words, but they do have a 117 different words for an adult beverage)
    @Grizzled_Dwarflord did you check that what I found is the same for you?

TR
    Here's hoping that this will be one of the issues fixed in the next dev build mentioned as coming soon on today's stream.

TR