Skip to content

Koveras ring and lies on reddit

Is it true that koveras ring has a scripted event attached to it that makes you die when you find sarevok?

If that ain't true in EE, what about vanilla BG?

For me it is a total lie.

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    No. Don't know where you heard that but I don't think it's ever been the case.
    [Deleted User]
    Hm... Maybe if you wear it? Not sure if I've ever tried. First I've ever heard of this though.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Arthas said:

Is it true that koveras ring has a scripted event attached to it that makes you die when you find sarevok?

That does not make any sense. Sarevok expects you to die / be incarcerated in Candlekeep, he does not have any reason to curse the ring (not that he can personally, he is a fighter, but hey he gots connections, so he can probably find a mage to do it for him).
    DrakeICN said:

Arthas said:

That does not make any sense. Sarevok expects you to die / be incarcerated in Candlekeep, he does not have any reason to curse the ring (not that he can personally, he is a fighter, but hey he gots connections, so he can probably find a mage to do it for him).
    I mean, yeah, spoilers, but it kind of seemed like the ring had served its purpose after he used it to get you framed for murder.

It's also one of the items you can import into BG2, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a little funny to picture Gorion's Ward carrying an item with such a powerful curse tailored specifically for them through their entire adventure.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Does anyone else actually think that sounds like a pretty cool idea in hindsight...? =P
    ThacoBell
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    to be honest it would be as shitty as shoal the nereid
    Permidion_Stark
    I think it'd be fine so long as the game communicated to you what was happening. You reload, take off the ring, continue as usual.

If it wasn't clearly communicated though it'd be really frustrating trying to figure out why your guy keeps dropping dead at the sight of Sarevok.
    ThacoBellbatoor