Skip to content

Plans for Voghiln mod for Baldur's Gate 2?

Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
edited August 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
As per the title. Are there any plans from anyone about making a mod for Voghiln in BG2EE? Or if Garrick is more popular, maybe he can be changed to be joinable? Would really like to have a bard npc who is coming from BG1EE or SOD.

Any others potentially interested in this? Not that I'm able to do it, but maybe someone will try doing it if there's enough interest.

Comments

• You CAN have Garrick in BG2 through the clua console or by force-joining him at the Radiant Heart building. Just pretend you met him on a crowded street. But yeah, mods would be great.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Oh, sounds good. I didn't know we could do that. I guess there won't be any interactions, but still better than nothing.

Can you please explain what you mean by force-joining him? How can I do that?

Thanks
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited August 2018
    You need to have cheats enabled (add 'Program Options','Debug Mode','1' to the baldur.lua usually found in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy.

Once enabled, you can mouse over pretty much any NPC in the game and hit the CTRL and Q keys. That'll force the npc into your party.
    Cool, thank you. It sounds like a pretty forceful option but I hope Garrick won't mind it too much for old times sake
    edited August 2018
    Also, does that mean I can even take Xzar using this approach?

And will this work only with EET?
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited August 2018
    Yes, all BG1 NPCs are in the BG2 game files. This is a pre-EE thing. No, EET is not needed for BG1 NPCs, but it is for SOD NPCs, because those guys are not in the BG2 files.
    edited August 2018
    Awesome. Thank you so much for the info. I love the variety of BG1 Npcs, so it's great to hear that. And this also gives another substantial reason for using EET.
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
  • With Voghiln there is a small possible issue that he already *is* in BG2EE. He has a cameo in Neera's ToB quest.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    that did not stop coran from having a mod.