Skip to content

What's up with The Forest Queen's Benediction?

So, there's a Bard-only item in SoD called The Forest Queen's Benediction, that has a wisdom requirement of 13, but the Bard NPC in the game, Voghiln, only has a wisdom of 10. So this item is only for charnames that are Bards? Seems like an odd game design choice.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Most people playing SoD are likely to do so as a continuation of BGEE - and there are bards in that game with the necessary wisdom ...
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Why is making an item for charname an odd choice? Most of my runs are with bards.
    There are also wisdom tomes and potions that can be used to overcome the restriction.
    JuliusBorisov
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    I don't think there are any wisdom tomes in SoD (and besides, you'd need 3 of them), but using potions is a great point -- I just tested it, and it does let Voghiln equip the item, and even after the potion has worn off, I am still able to use the item (a bit gamey, but it works).
    Grond0 said:

Most people playing SoD are likely to do so as a continuation of BGEE - and there are bards in that game with the necessary wisdom ...

Do those characters carry over to SoD though? I thought everyone in the party "retires" after the Prologue, and you're only able to recruit the NPC's that are available in SoD (and Voghiln is the only Bard).
    Nerva said:

I don't think there are any wisdom tomes in SoD (and besides, you'd need 3 of them), but using potions is a great point -- I just tested it, and it does let Voghiln equip the item, and even after the potion has worn off, I am still able to use the item (a bit gamey, but it works).

Grond0 said:

Do those characters carry over to SoD though? I thought everyone in the party "retires" after the Prologue, and you're only able to recruit the NPC's that are available in SoD (and Voghiln is the only Bard).
    No, none of the npc bards carry over.
    edited September 2018
    ThacoBell said:

No, none of the npc bards carry over.

@ThacoBell I haven't tried it, but couldn't you include NPCs in a multi-player party in order to carry them over?

Nerva said:

You can definitely carry the 3 tomes from BGEE into SoD for use there if you want to do that.
    ThacoBell
    @Grond0 Yes you can, but you miss out on all the tasty party banter in the party focused story driven game, and that is boring.
    Grond0megamike15
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    If I recall it casts mass cure once per day.
    NervaGrond0JuliusBorisov