Skip to content

Unable to cast magic in Spellhold

I'm in Spellhold, after the dream at the start of the Bodhi chase bit. My mage character cannot cast spells after more than a few minutes. Everything's fine for about five minutes, then suddenly any spells cast don't go off. My character just continues the animation for spellcasting indefinitely until moved.

I have changed my class (originally using the Shadow Magic mod, but even as a normal mage this bug still appears) uninstalled all my mods and still I'm having the same problem? I reinstalled my game and even imported the save onto another BG2 installation (from PC to laptop) and still it's happening??? I'm totally out of ideas here and have no idea how to proceed :(

Please help.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Trying to continue a modded save after taking all the mods off, and then importing to another installation might have broken your save game even without your current bug. I'm actually not sure if this can be helped now. If I'm wrong and someone more knowledgeable than me thinks they can help, they will probably ask you to zip up your save game and upload it here to look at.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I have been using several save games for this reason.