Skip to content

Restoring chapter screen art

bawzbawz Member Posts: 4
Since there already is a mod for the vanilla movies, is there anyway to restore the art that appear in these screens?

I want to replace these:
http://imgur.com/an4MIqC

with these:
http://imgur.com/kle9Jkb

Comments

• Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @bawz @Salk
    bawz said:

Since there already is a mod for the vanilla movies, is there anyway to restore the art that appear in these screens?

The short answer is yes, it is possible:

The long answer is that it isn't easy, and there are some limitations. Making that proof of concept required six (6) different programs, including three that were command-line plus manual editing with MS Paint. If you're REALLY interested in making these yourself, I can try to describe how to accomplish what you want. Honestly, I'm not sure which would be more work, though: explaining how to do it, or just doing it myself. Neither seems particularly appealing :neutral: . May I ask, what's wrong with the Enhanced ones?
  • bawzbawz Member Posts: 4
    @Sam_

I'm looking to play the game with the gameplay enhancements of EE but with the vanilla visuals and sound intact.

I was kind of hoping that in order to do this I would only need to extract the files from both games, edit them in Photoshop where it was needed, and then import them again.. it seems like it's a bit more complicated than that, heh.

What software did you use? maybe I can figure it out myself if I find some guides on how to use them.

Has there been any improvements in 2.0 that would make this easier to modify?

Sorry for necroing btw :smile:
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Yes - it is entirely possible to do this for some things since v2.0

I'd recommend to visit the UI modding forum and start there eg @Kerozevok has already started porting the BG2EE interface into BGEE... so many things are possible.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    And I finally got around to doing this.
    Link
  • bawzbawz Member Posts: 4
    Sam_ said:

And I finally got around to doing this.
    Link

That's awesome! thank you.

I just got back in to BG again so this was a nice welcome back present :) now I just need to figure out how to make this work with Lefreut's Enhanced UI.