Skip to content

Nalia as a Thief?

I never used Nalia in my party but considering that I am challenging myself to use different NPCs than I normally do, I was wondering as to Nalia's effectiveness as a Thief.

I'm not looking for exceptional skills in backstabbing (although that would come in handy) I just need a Thief who can pick locks and find traps.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

I never used Nalia in my party but considering that I am challenging myself to use different NPCs than I normally do, I was wondering as to Nalia's effectiveness as a Thief.

I'm not looking for exceptional skills in backstabbing (although that would come in handy) I just need a Thief who can pick locks and find traps.

She can deal with locks and traps just fine, but sometimes you need to give her a potion or 2 for the tougher locks/traps. You can definitely make do with her as the only thief.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Borek
    Thanks for all your help! I just didn't want to have too many mages in the party since I'll be playing a Barbarian/Mage and I really wanted Nalia in my party to try out the Reunion Mod and didn't want to have to recruit Jan at the same time and have three mages or recruit Hexxat and have conflicts with Anomen.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

@Borek
    Thanks for all your help! I just didn't want to have too many mages in the party since I'll be playing a Barbarian/Mage and I really wanted Nalia in my party to try out the Reunion Mod and didn't want to have to recruit Jan at the same time and have three mages or recruit Hexxat and have conflicts with Anomen.

Yeah, on paper you would think she can't hack it as a thief, but when you factor in potions and the occassional item that raises key thief skills it actually works out pretty well. Being a Mage she gets to avoid damage most of the time so you don't miss her lil 2x backstab since she'll probably be unloading range dps anyway. Give her Tuigan with acid arrows and a bunch of wands and she's very effective even without using actual spell slots too quickly.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ZaramMaldovar You can also give her the ring of danger sense and lockpicks outside of combat as well. You shouldn't have any issues aside from a little bit more micro.