Skip to content

How do I fix the blurry text in my game?

My game has blurry text unless I hover over said text with the cursor but then that text goes blurry again after the cursor is not on it anymore. BTW I am using Windows 10 64bit Home

Comments

• denixiusdenixius Member Posts: 4
    Hello, 2088432!

Some say that you can fix this blurry text issue if you are using AMD Radeon graphics card. If you are using an AMD Radeon, there is an option called "Morphological Filtering". This may be the problem that you are experiencing in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

On AMD's support page, there is an article about Morphological Filtering. I added the article below, and then the link that you can find more about it.

Morphological Filtering

Morphological Filtering is a Shader-based, post process Anti-Aliasing technique that can be used in combination with the three AA modes mentioned above.

Morphological Filtering can have a lower impact on FPS than other AA modes available within Radeon™ Settings, however, in some situations, it may introduce a subtle blur to the image.

In the example below, the image on the left has Morphological Filtering applied. The image on the right has no Morphological Filtering applied and has more jagged edges.

AMD Support - Morphological Filtering: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-012.aspx#Link3

Cheers!