Skip to content

Reputation will not increase

XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
I've recently done a fresh install, then put in a bunch of mods using BWS. I don't quite remember which ones i put in, but I am curious because i've done a few early quests and didn't gain any reputation for them, but i've been losing reputation for bringing certain characters along/ killing unshey. My reputation reached 5 and it should've gone up at least 3 times due to 2 quests and a temple turn in, but it won't, is anyone aware of a mod or a piece of a mod that removes reputation increases?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Well as I stated I tried that and it didn't work, it seems reputation increase has been altered or removed, I was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads which mods tend to do that. I can take some time to look though if the question isn't as easily answered
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    can you post your weidu log? Off the top of my head I believe SCS is the only one that has a component to reduce the rate which your rep increases.

From the V31 readme:

Reduced reputation increase

In general, if you're playing a half-way honorable character in BG2, your reputation fairly rapidly reaches 20 and stays there. The idea of this component is to slow down the rate at which you gain reputation: you can choose the degree of slowdown.

In more detail: any time you would have gained 2 or more reputation points, you gain one fewer point than you should have. Any time you would have gained one, it's decided at random whether you actually do gain it, according to the probability you choose at install time.