Skip to content

Would it be possible to make a mod

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
that makes you able to get the romances from every romance mod no matter which "pre-requisite" the mod maker added?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Kind of, but not in a catch-all way. Each individual NPC/romance mod could have different prerequisites and different ways of implementing them. As such the mod you propose would have to take into account the workings of all romance mods available, and alter them on a per-mod basis. This mod would have to be updated or possibly edited as new romance mods appear and old ones are changed.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2018
    You need to hand edit the scripts.

Using a game editor like Near Infinity, you can edit the bcs files of a romance mod, most if not all have a requisite line of pc gender male or female, or even alignment and stat requirements. If you can find the correct line you can delete it from the script so the script does not check for those requirements and starts the romance anyway. A very rough example: IF PC (gender, female) THEN Set Global NPCnameromanceactive=1 You can change female to male, if you like and the npc will start romance with males then.

I know I did this on some mods, Kelsey and Aran Whitehand were into male pcs in my games. Ofcourse, in game dialogues will be the same and they will refer to the pc as a woman or lady, etc.

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    A slightly more difficult thing is editing both scripts and dialogues to stop a romance that is entering the more committed states from killing off other romances.

Though most mods don' kill each others romances, they tend to kill or be killed by the vanilla romances.