Skip to content

abnormal update?

Billy_GreenbottleBilly_Greenbottle Member Posts: 7
edited November 2018 in Technical Support
Yesterday evening when I started the Beamdog client, it told me I had an update for NWN EE Digital Deluxe (NOT development). I proceeded with the update, and then I could not log onto any server because of version incompatibility. I could see that all the servers were running 8181 and I was running 8182. I waited and no servers updated. I asked around, and nobody else heard about the update. Today I tried to fix the issue by reinstalling from scratch and now somehow I am running 8186 while all the servers are still 8181.

Anyone know what the heck is going on here? How can I get back to 8181?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    8181 is the standard, non-development branch of NWN. If you have anything higher, you're updating the development branch version of the game.
  • Yeah well, according to the client I don't even have the development game installed, and it's true I never installed it. The client always says 'Digital Deluxe' when I start it. So how do I get back to 8181? Even a total reinstall didn't work.
    edited November 2018
    Make sure in the Beamdog Client, you have Deluxe Edition selected, not Deluxe Edition - Development selected.

• Billy_GreenbottleBilly_Greenbottle Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2018

Yes thank you, I have done that. According to the client the development version is not even installed.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    @Billy_Greenbottle Looking into this now. Can you PM me your beamdog client username/email? Is it the same as the forum one?
    That is truly odd Billy because that is certainly not a Development selection. :/ Hope you get this sorted soon.
  • Billy_GreenbottleBilly_Greenbottle Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2018
    PM sent.
    Click my name and on the top right there's a Message button.

Or just email me, niv at beamdog com
    edited November 2018
    @Billy_Greenbottle Can you please try updating again? It might need a restart of Beamdog Client [edit: and maybe a "Verify Game"] to pick the change up.

There was a internal issue related to the DD that's hopefully now sorted.
    dTdSylvus_Moonbow
  • Issue resolved!
    Thank you for the outstanding support.

Any idea why nobody else I know was affected?
    dTdricoyung
    edited November 2018
    @Billy_Greenbottle Yes, there was an issue with how BDC ships patches out. The DD installation type is being phased out (since you can now buy/download the DLCs individually, so it will now give you the english variant + the DLCs instead if you buy the DD) and that made the DD branch temporarily ship dev patches for completely arcane reasons. It should definitely be fixed now and the people responsible have been quartered (#definitelynotlies) and then asked to make a code fix ensuring it doesn't happen again.
    JuliusBorisovricoyung