Skip to content

Building assets outside of CEP?

Hi all!

I'm interested in trying my hand at building a small module and I'm looking for some advice. I know my way around the toolset pretty well, but I've noticed that most of the big servers I play on have awesome tilesets and placeables that I've never seen before. Is all of that typically included in CEP and I'm just not seeing it for some reason? If so, how can I be sure I have full CEP functionality in my build? Or, are there other public assets outside of CEP, and if so, where can I find them?

I apologize if this is a dumb question or a repeat!

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Take a look around the vault. You don't have to register to download, just to participate on the forums and leave comments/vote on the projects.

TR
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Yes, there are tons of custom content besides the CEP available for absolutely free - as Tarot said, just take a look at the Vault for anything you can imagine. And there are also plenty of people more than happy to help you if you decide to try your hand at making stuff yourself!
  • FaerûnFaerûn Member Posts: 39
    Thanks guys! I actually started looking at the Vault yesterday and there is sooo much stuff. The website is pretty awful to use though so it's been taking me awhile to find what I need. So far I've just been hoarding tilesets that I'll likely never use, haha.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Whenever I look for something through the stuff on the vault I will now and again ask on their discord channel. There are people there who know where to find it and post links directly to it if you can be specific in what you need that helps too.
  • meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 149
    You might want to consider Project Q if you are starting to build. There's a button on the first page of the vault I think.
  • BumblingBritBumblingBrit Member Posts: 3
    As above. I swear by this pack. The enchancements to the tilesets alone is just staggering.
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/combined/project-q
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Faerûn One quick tip. If you come across something you like and you want to look at the rest of the custom content made by this person it can probably be done. It depends on if they have an account on the vault and you need to be logged into the vault as well.

What you need to do is look at the top of the project page. If their user name is coloured blue, you are in luck. What that means is that they do indeed have an account and their user name is a link to their profile. Click this link. That will take you to their profile. At the top of this page their are a number of links. Click on the one that says projects. You can now look at all of the stuff they have released.

As an example here is @Zwerkules profile on the vault. Clicking on projects takes you to this list of projects by @Zwerkules.

TR
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    I've been building modules and PWs a long time and I just couldn't live without CEP really. Even though there's a lot of thing included I'll never use, there's just too much content setup in a working fashion and it also supports the tile sets I've preferred to ignore. I love placeables :)