Skip to content

BG 3 Speculation

So rps has a speuclation about a kick starter campaign starting up. So what would people want.

I know i would almost want to see water deep as main setting and use of 5th edition rules would be interesing.

As well as geaphics engine. I love the pillars of eternity look.

Comments

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    They do? There was an old ass article about Beamdog considering kickstarter but I think Trent clarified later that they couldn’t with Baldur’s Gate IP and that was set in stone by Wizards of the Coast.

There has been a bunch of BG3 speculation recently by Brian Fargo claiming he knows who is making Baldur’s Gate 3 right now but then hushed quickly and that’s as far as it’s got lately.

Although Brian has done an interview very recently where he’s talked about being under Microsoft and that other than Wasteland 3 they have been working on an unannounced game that Microsoft seem interest in.

Maybe Baldur’s Gate 3? Possibly Microsoft hoping Baldur’s Gate 3 will draw PC gamers finally to try Windows Store? Who knows? I don’t. Someone please tell me :(
  • wpmaurawpmaura Member Posts: 30
    I am a little blind but for some reason the rps showed up for me recently even thougj its an old article but the pc gamer article is relativly new. Could they do a new setting such as waterdeep or they dont have acess to the license
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited November 2018
    Whoever has the license could certainly do whatever setting in the realms they’d like. I’d love to see Waterdeep too. At the moment it’s impossible to tell really.

I think that article got brought up by RPS because of the Brian Fargo comments and that was the PC Gamer Beamdog article was the last time BG3 was mentioned.

There’s actually a thread here about it https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72850/bg3-confirmed#latest but it keeps getting buried because all we’ve got is specualtion at the moment and it quickly falls to in fighting :)

My personal idea now that your invested ;) is that you play as a child of the Bhaalspawn and their fate and your parentage is a bit murky, like who your non-bhaalspawn parent was, whether they ascended to godhood or not etc. It’s all vague tales with some believing one or the other. Opposite to the Candlekeeps ward you are taken as a child and raised by those feigning concern and protection but actually trying to unlock the power of the blood. Ensue travels and adventure! Eventually you’d find out you are actually the heir to Sarevok and Tamoko rather than the Bhallspawn and well I don’t know fight Cyric or Bane or someone :)

It uh takes place in Waterdeep. Hope you liked it.
    wpmauraLudwig_II
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I don't like at all the idea of a "Baldur's Gate 3" because due to ending in Tob it's impossible to continue with our charname and Baldur's Gata saga IS the story of Charname.
    Don't take it wrong, i totally love the idea of a game in the Forgotten Realms with some connections, but it shouldn't be called "Baldur's Gate".
    ThacoBellWarChiefZekeOrlonKronsteen
  • wpmaurawpmaura Member Posts: 30
    spacejaws said:

Whoever has the license could certainly do whatever setting in the realms they’d like. I’d love to see Waterdeep too. At the moment it’s impossible to tell really.

I think that article got brought up by RPS because of the Brian Fargo comments and that was the PC Gamer Beamdog article was the last time BG3 was mentioned.

There’s actually a thread here about it https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72850/bg3-confirmed#latest but it keeps getting buried because all we’ve got is specualtion at the moment and it quickly falls to in fighting :)

My personal idea now that your invested ;) is that you play as a child of the Bhaalspawn and their fate and your parentage is a bit murky, like who your non-bhaalspawn parent was, whether they ascended to godhood or not etc. It’s all vague tales with some believing one or the other. Opposite to the Candlekeeps ward you are taken as a child and raised by those feigning concern and protection but actually trying to unlock the power of the blood. Ensue travels and adventure! Eventually you’d find out you are actually the heir to Sarevok and Tamoko rather than the Bhallspawn and well I don’t know fight Cyric or Bane or someone :)

Ahh found the other thread. Thanks.
    spacejaws
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    spacejaws said:

9/10, would buy.
    spacejaws