Skip to content

Game recommendation

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
edited November 2018 in Off-Topic
Looking for:
Non-rpg game or at least game with basic rpg elements
pretty decent graphic game, doesn't matter if it's pixel art, as long it's pixel art, not pixel mess
under 20 dollars/euro because that's as much I can spend
on incoming Steam Autumn sale, or at least likely to be discounted
fun to play, NOT free to play
time sink preferable, but not necessary
female protagonist is advisable, but not deal breaking
minimal story or at least engaging story without story dump at every corner

My wishlist
https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198254045418/#sort=price
My profile's game library is 100% public, just keep in mind I farm cards and some playtime might reflect that.
I plan to add new games to my wishlist, even though I don't end up scooping them all (buying them all)

I also have profile at GOG com, it's Beatrice Elysia, but this time, my money goes to steam
https://www.gog.com/u/BeatriceElysia

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Dark Souls 3
    Non-rpg game or at least game with basic rpg elements - Check
    pretty decent graphic game, doesn't matter if it's pixel art, as long it's pixel art, not pixel mess - Check
    under 20 dollars/euro because that's as much I can spend - Probably...
    on incoming Steam Autumn sale, or at least likely to be discounted - ...likely
    fun to play, NOT free to play - Check
    time sink preferable, but not necessary - Check
    female protagonist is advisable, but not deal breaking - Check
    minimal story or at least engaging story without story dump at every corner - Check
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Already have it. I don't have DS2 and DS1, but not likely to acquire them anytime soon.
    Anybody else with real suggestion (not arsed one)
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Tried Terraria?

It's "fun to play". ;)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hollow Knight!
    edited November 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Hollow Knight!

I bought the Novembers bundle only for mysterious regular unlocks and I thoughtfully stupid given away Hollow Knight. Since I done the same with A Hat in Time only to buy it at later point, I might buy Hollow Knight, but I'm not crazy about bugs - bugs are my biggest RL fear.

Terraria - I got it as part of the trade. I have no intention to play this one, I'm much fantasy gal, so thing like Kynseed appeal to me more. I might try it, though.

I had both steam and gog's copy of Kynseed, but returned steam copy, so I can have additional 10 euros for upcoming sale.
    I now have 30 euros to spare during steam sale.
    I'm sorry guys, bu it seems I might be buying new Pathfinder KM dlc, I mean season pass. Sorry!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Cvijeta Well "MOST" of the bugs in Hollow Knight are pretty heavily anthro'd. Its got the some of the most fun bosses I've had the pleasure of taking down, and looks absolutely gorgeous. I'd go so far as to say its the best Metroid style game to come out yet. Though, uh, with a fear of bugs, I don't see you enjoying a particular area that seems designed to basically trigger every possible bug associated fear there is.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    King's Bounty.
    HoMM-based adventure-strategy with RPG elements, with immersive game world, warm artstyle, fun writing and "one last fight for tonight" syndrome. The sequel has female protagonist.

My wishlist

I found Mary Skelter very enjoyable in beginning, but then it grew into repetitive maze grind with hardly any variety in tactics (if such term can even be applied). Still no regrets though.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited November 2018
    Niche is a nice little gem, albeit not for everyone. Kind of like the Jurassic World app game with its genetics mechanics - minus the park, tourists and humans bit. Only furrier. Monster Loves You! can also be quite enjoyable. Although it does have some RPG elements thrown in.

One of my personal non-RPG favourites ever for the PC is Subnautica. Not only is it better than No Man's Sky, it also has an active modding community. Next year the game also receives an expansion pack called Below Zero - so a sales of the base game is probably just around the corner. There's... also an Minecraft knock-off of Subnautica called PixNautiCraft, if that's more to your liking... cost about half of the original... but also looks the part.