Skip to content

Problem with the conversation font dependence on resolution

It seems that size of the font for conversation depends on the resolution and since the resolution is not changeable (it seems the game always uses the native phone resolution) it leads to the paradox that the font is bigger and more readable on smaller screen.

For example - I tried Lenovo P2 (5.5" screen, FULL HD resolution) and Redmi 4X (5" screen, HD resolution). Clearly Redmi 4X is inferior here (being too small for the game). I just used it because of being curious what happens.

However I was surprised that the conversation font was bigger, far more comfortable to use on Redmi 4X (I would like to have that on Lenovo P2 - but as I said, I think, it is not changeable). See the screenshots. I think it is really necessary to have separate setting for font size. Or there should be possibility to choose lower than native resolution on the phone. At best both. :-)

As it is now, clearly inferior device can show dialogs better that the more advanced one. See the images (the one with bigger and better readable font is from the smaller phone).

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Howdy!

I've added your message & a link to this thread back for evaluation. We really appreciate your feedback :)
  • Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    My "conversation font too small" complain was solved with the patch I installed this morning. :smile: I guess being able to set the "New UI Scale" to 1.9 did the trick (originally it maxed for me on 1.6 on my 5.5 FullHD phone - now I can go up to 1.9).
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Also, I notice that the font has changed since those screenshots were made - the new sans serif one is a lot clearer in my humble opinion.
  • cfunkycfunky Member Posts: 9
    Mine is still tiny with ui scale on 2.0 my phone has 2160x1080 6 inch screen and text is very very had to read. Im waiting for a new tablet i ordered to actually play the game as its killing my eyes even on a 6 inch, where bg2 was totally fine on it.
  • Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2018
    I think I was rejoicing too early... It seems the font size does not stick properly. I noticed that the font seems again smaller (using UI scale 1.9), so I decided to reinstall the game to confirm the suspicion.
    See the screenshots - both are done on the same phone, using the same scaling 1.9.
    Before reinstalling the font is clearly smaller than after....

I do not know how the bigger font size was lost. I played the game for some hours, I also changed graphic quality several times. But as I said - both screenshots are with the gui scaling 1.9.

I already made the bug report.
    Post edited by Peter_Johnson on