Skip to content

Embracing the Chaos - A Full Party Wild Mage Minimal-Reload Run

You've thought about it.

You've seen a few posts joking about it.

Now you're about to see it made a reality. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride!

Rules:

- Party will consist of the PC, and 5 mage/sorcerer NPCs (Dynaheir, Xan, Quayle, Xzar, Edwin, Neera, Baeloth). When each NPC joins I will edit their class to Wild Mage in EEKeeper. This method seems like a more fun option than creating 6 wild mages with no NPC quests or banter.

- From the pool of 7 eligible NPCs I intend to leave out Edwin (as fun as I find him) due to conflicts with Dynaheir and Neera, and Quayle due to him being multiclass - I have the option to take all pure class arcane casters and would prefer to do so.

- No dualclassing - this is all Wild Mage, all the time.

- Speaking of wildness, no Chaos Shield or Improved Chaos Shields will be used, for maximum frustration fun.

- Core Difficulty, No Mods, Max HP Rolls.

- Minimal-Reload means exactly what it says on the tin. Wild Surge eats 50,000 gold? No reload. Three NPC party members cast Magic Missiles, all turn to stone, and I don't have any Stone to Flesh Scrolls left? No reload. Identify summons a Pit Fiend on the second floor of the Friendly Arm Inn? You get the idea. Reloads are allowed for a) PC deaths after failing to escape a losing battle and fighting until the bitter end, b) main questline becoming impossible to complete due to the unintentional death of a plot critical NPC, and c) gamebreaking bugs.

- Chunked NPCs are gone and I will recruit one of the other eligible NPCs to take their place. If this happens multiple times I'll be forced to run with a smaller party.

Planning on recording reload count, death count & wild surge count. Expect sub-optimal gameplay, memes, and fireball centred on caster.

Rik_Kirtaniya

Comments

• KroulKroul Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Prologue

Nothing particularly unusual to report. Summoned my familiar for the extra HP, put Carbos and Shank to sleep temporarily, then permanently, and did most of the Candlekeep quests. No surges yet.

NON-MAGES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE!

Plan from here is to pick up Xzar, go to Friendly Arm for the ring (will ignore Tarnesh for now), Beregost for Neera and Gnoll Stronghold for Dynaheir. Unsure if it would be better to level to 2/3 before doing Nashkel Mines or if we can do it at level 1, but will cross that bridge when I come to it.
    Post edited by Kroul on
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • KroulKroul Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Chapter 1

Ran into Xzar and Montaron and recruited them into my party. Unfortunately I do not tolerate non-magic users to travel with me, which caused a disagreement among the two. One which could only be resolved with violence.

The first of my wild mage brethren joins the fray.

We made it to Beregost without incident, making sure to avoid travelling between zones late at night to avoid the deadly ring of bandits.

A few dead Red Wizards later we have Neera in the party too. She took a pretty serious beating during the fight but managed to just about... wait, what?

Hmmmmm. Maybe she managed to get off a cast or two of Tenser's Floating Bandage while I wasn't looking.

Still no wild surges yet.

With the solo now a trio, we've made it safely to Nashkel to start Chapter 2. Gnoll Stronghold here we come!
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • WrathofreccaWrathofrecca Member Posts: 98
    Keep it coming.