Skip to content

What stats should I max out for a Kensai/Thief build?

I know that strength, dexterity, and constitution need to be maxed I want an 18 charisma also but what does my wisdom and intelligence have to be at for me not to get any penalties?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    If you 're already maxing all physical abilities then anything else above 10 won't give you any penalties. TBH the only attribute you really need to max is dexterity, all others just add some more flavor .
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Reaching a score that has 18 in STR, DEX, CON and CHA with INT and WIS at 10 shouldn't take too long (92 score I think). If you are willing to roll longer, the higher exceptional strength you can get, the better.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Kensai/thief characters are above-average with all 10s and OP for sure if you max STR/DEX/CON. Once you're doing that, it barely matters what you do with your mental stats, except that higher INT is helpful when dealing with mind flayers. (Charisma doesn't matter because you can boost it to 18 with an item; WIS doesn't matter unless you plan to cast wish from a scroll in ToB.)
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Oh, right. Brainfarted there since I almost always play classes that have above 10 int automatically. 11 or 16 are good breakpoints for INT because of those particular monsters exist.