Skip to content

Problem with Spellhold mods...

hi i'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask for this but i truly have no idea where else to ask this, for some weeks now i have not been able to access the spelldhold studios website, this first started when i tried to download some mods for BGEE and BG2EE, instead of taking me to the mod page in the spellhold website all i got was this message (which by the way i still get when i try to go into the page) "An error occured with the SQL server:
This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above", after that i tried to just go into the main website directly to see if it was just the specific mod page that wasn't working but lo and behold i found this other message "Database Error: Unable to connect to your database. Your database appears to be turned off or the database connection settings in your config file are not correct. Please contact your hosting provider if the problem persists."

i sincerely have no idea what either of this are and what i found searching in google and youtube for the past week or so just helped to confuse me more, i'm sorry if this has nothing to do with this forum but right now i'm truly desperate if anybody knows what happened and how i can fix it please please answer me

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited December 2018
    That's a recurring problem with their server in the last few years. Some mods can be downloaded from github, but I believe not all of them have been moved there, so... it sucks, unfortunately.
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    Ardanis said:

That's a recurring problem with their server in the last few years. Some mods can be downloaded from github, but I believe not all of them have been moved there, so... it sucks, unfortunately.

so it is nothing on my end?
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Yeah, it's down for everyone.