Skip to content

Game Music

One of the aspects of these games that I always appreciate on return playthroughs is the soundtrack, areas like Waukeen's Promenade really come alive. Do you have a favourite track?

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've always loved the track that plays during the daytime at Wyrm's Crossing and the return to Candlekeep.
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    I really love the battle tracks from the Baldur's gate series, and it's interesting that a different approach to composing the music was taken for each game.

In the first game the music is super bombastic and dramatic, it's so hyperbolic it's almost funny but it sounds so good, makes the fights feel really intense, Sword's against darkness is one of my favourites.

In the second game it isn't as dramatic but its more atmospheric in the sense that the battle music really helps compliment the situation you're in. Take Mountain Battle 2 for example, which sounds like something you would hear whilst fighting a fortified, militaristic base, I often think of dwarven mines or something listening to it (I believe you hear it in the slaver ship in the slums).

A lot of people really like the Icewind Dale soundtrack, and I definitely agree that the area tracks are stunning, but I don't really like it as a whole due to its lack of battle music, which is ironic considering how much fighting there is in IWD.