Skip to content

Unable to Connect Client to Host (Same Network)

Greetings again, everyone. I'm posting this here in the event someone has already encountered this, or is wise enough to see the source of my folly:

I attached a screenshot of my issue. I'm not sure what the exact problem is. Basically I am running 2 computers, one as a host, one as a client, and both have up to date versions of EE Digital Deluxe.

I'm hosting the EE on one computer. The Outside world connects to my Host Computer with occasional UDP errors, but otherwise connects.

On a secondary (Client)computer, I can connect to other EE servers with no issues. However, I cannot connect to my own Host Computer Server. It tells me that I am connecting to a server on my own public network and I should either Direct Connect or Lan Connect. When I Direct Connect, it tells me that's a private network. When I Lan Connect it is not available to view (though my old 1.69 server show up in the view)

I shut off firewalls, windows firewalls, etc. Not sure what I am doing wrong as I have run all of my usual troubleshooting steps that normally resolve this, and this is my first time hosting an EE version. Thank you.

Comments

• Daijin_HeartlightDaijin_Heartlight Member Posts: 11
    How was this resolved? I have this issue right now.
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    It was a port forwarding issue on my end. I had to make sure I had make sure I had the local IP and port configured properly in the windows settings and through my ISP provider. Tricky, but very fixable once you arrive at the source.