Skip to content

[PRE-MOD] Shooting arrows appears in target inventory

Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
Hi, everyone!

I always thought, where my shooted arrows are disappearing from target. Logically, they must pierce the dead body and must be collectable for my archer. Like in Elder Scrolls, for instance.

So, I just created my mini-tiny mod for my BG, that provide my arrows to appear in the target's corpse, after its dead. It works. But I only tested it with common arrows.

So, I want to understand, will this feature be good for players? I think, that over 60% of shooted arrows, bolts and bullets should reappear in target's inventory and my hero could collect the rest of them. And also (may be, more valuable) implement this for throwing daggers and axes. This is the first question.

The second question flows from a problem: when same arrows are shooted in me, they appear in my inventory)) For the first look it is also logically. But then the rest of my equipment will fall on a ground... That's no good... And for now I don't know how to solve this problem, because it must be level 4 or 5 mod-spells and my own current mod-level doesn't allow to cast them))) Only 2nd level, I think, avaliable for me now))

Got any idea how to predict those arrows to appear in my inventory?

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    There's a mod Igi's Projectile Retrieval which does the same thing. Not sure if it's anywhere to find, though.

For the last question, move the item creation effect into external EFF and use 177 to apply it only to hostile/neutral targets (EA.IDS).
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    Mmm... there is no flag for two types at once. Only if set another effect, one for hostile and one for neutral...
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Yes, it needs several of those.
  • AuggieDoggieAuggieDoggie Member Posts: 2
    I just found a copy of igi's Projectile Retrieval here
    http://academia.clandlan.net/?page=academia/view&id=116
    I know it's a late answer, I'm new to the forum, but I hope it helps